LaRue County 48 Taylor County 45

Mildly surprised by this score. I expected Taylor to be the superior team this year with what they had coming back. They beat LaRue by a couple of touchdowns last year when the Hawks had Cutter Boley. 

You gotta love it for those kids after losing their coach and star quarterback in the same off-season.

• Thanks 2

Seems like Taylor is struggling this year especially on Defense. Both games they have allowed a lot of points and then they lose this one which is one I think they would be heavily favored in. Plenty of time to turn the season around but with how they are playing defense or lack of defense I’m not sure they are a top team in 3A right now.

Taylor led at the half 39-36.  Both teams scored on every possession.  I thought it was gonna be another Lawrence County vs. Western Hills type score before it was over.  Defense showed up for both teams in the second half and neither team scored in the third quarter.  LaRue scores twice in the fourth and then Taylor scores with 1:24 remaining in the game.  LaRue recovers the onside kick and then runs for a first down and that ends the game.  LaRue may have lost Boley, but their QB last night done alot of damage.  I'm interested to see his stats from that game.  He threw for several yards and ran for several as well.  

1 hour ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Taylor led at the half 39-36.  Both teams scored on every possession.  I thought it was gonna be another Lawrence County vs. Western Hills type score before it was over.  Defense showed up for both teams in the second half and neither team scored in the third quarter.  LaRue scores twice in the fourth and then Taylor scores with 1:24 remaining in the game.  LaRue recovers the onside kick and then runs for a first down and that ends the game.  LaRue may have lost Boley, but their QB last night done alot of damage.  I'm interested to see his stats from that game.  He threw for several yards and ran for several as well.  

Rock has a matchup with LaRue in two weeks looks like it will be another banger hopefully we can slow them down and keep it close and see what happens I’m looking forward to the game but not the drive lol Last year they came to us and it was a close game that we pulled out by 2 the score was 22-20.

8 minutes ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

Rock has a matchup with LaRue in two weeks looks like it will be another banger hopefully we can slow them down and keep it close and see what happens I’m looking forward to the game but not the drive lol Last year they came to us and it was a close game that we pulled out by 2 the score was 22-20.

LaRue travels to Casey this Friday.  It will be interesting to see how that game turns out.  Both teams put up a lot of points this week and both defenses gave up a lot of points as well. 

2 minutes ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

LaRue travels to Casey this Friday.  It will be interesting to see how that game turns out.  Both teams put up a lot of points this week and both defenses gave up a lot of points as well. 

Have to keep my eyes on that one next week. Will be a good game I’m sure! I will be rooting for Casey in that one. Rock travels to Wayne hoping to come out with a win Rock used to always beat Wayne back in the day but all that changed under Parkey hopefully we start over with different results now.

14 minutes ago, RoCkMaN28 said:

Have to keep my eyes on that one next week. Will be a good game I’m sure! I will be rooting for Casey in that one. Rock travels to Wayne hoping to come out with a win Rock used to always beat Wayne back in the day but all that changed under Parkey hopefully we start over with different results now.

Sounds like Casey and Rock play a similar non-district schedule.  Casey plays Wayne at the end of September.  Good luck to Rock!

9 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Sounds like Casey and Rock play a similar non-district schedule.  Casey plays Wayne at the end of September.  Good luck to Rock!

I was thinking same thing after you said you guys play LaRue also we play Estill because their in our district. I seen that we have 4 teams the same then you add the district games for each and basically outside of district same schedule minus like 1 team I believe