Jump to content

Mayfield 36 Graves County 0


Recommended Posts

I didn't expect a shutout but I did expect 4 or 5 scores in separation. I know Graves lost enough to graduation to most likely at least start slow this year. Did Mayfield's defense look superb, did the Eagles offense look that bad or was it a combination of both? I was hoping I could have made it to this one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TilghmanPride said:

I didn't expect a shutout but I did expect 4 or 5 scores in separation. I know Graves lost enough to graduation to most likely at least start slow this year. Did Mayfield's defense look superb, did the Eagles offense look that bad or was it a combination of both? I was hoping I could have made it to this one. 

Both defenses were good. Mayfield still somehow managed 36 points. I think Graves can have a decent year if they get any offense going 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Graves had one drive that got deep in Mayfield territory, but the Eagles were helped by a late hit penalty and a pass interference penalty. Other than that, they never sniffed the redzone. I thought Graves defensive line played well at times, and I like their new quarterback. 
This one could have been alot worse on the scoreboard, but the multitude of penalties kept that from happening. Cardinals have to improve in that area for sure.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Both defenses were good. Mayfield still somehow managed 36 points. I think Graves can have a decent year if they get any offense going 

When a team's offense cannot generate anything and they keep giving the ball back to the other team, it takes a toll. I don't know the details of this game but from what I am reading, I will guess Mayfield ran at least twice as many offensive plays as Graves County.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

When a team's offense cannot generate anything and they keep giving the ball back to the other team, it takes a toll. I don't know the details of this game but from what I am reading, I will guess Mayfield ran at least twice as many offensive plays as Graves County.

Yes that was definitely the case. Like stated above, Mayfield killed themselves with penalties from the opening kickoff being run back for a touchdown and called back. But Graves County fought the entire game. I’m eager to see what they do against the remainder of their schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.