Trinity 17 Carmel (IN) 7

TheDeuce

I was extremely impressed with the offseason strides made by Coach Cobb and the team Friday. The thing that stood out to me most was the 2-to-1 differential in time of possession and the Rocks ability to shorten the game. Dominating both lines of scrimmage was (and should always be!) priority number one and it really paid off in the second half. Carmel only gained one first down in the second half and it was on a penalty. Very encouraging going into the Moeller game against an incredible rushing attack.

No official word just yet, but I'd expect to lose both starting RB/CB Stephen Mack and OLB Finn Laskowski to injury for the year. Huge losses for this defensive unit. Drew Davis stepped in and played a great game at Nickel/Viper (or whatever he calls it) and junior Jordan McIntyre appeared to be the backup for Mack, although I can see sophomore Kingston Florence also getting some reps with the 1's. Either way, it's next man up against one of the best teams in Ohio!

18 minutes ago, #RockNation said:

I was extremely impressed with the offseason strides made by Coach Cobb and the team Friday. The thing that stood out to me most was the 2-to-1 differential in time of possession and the Rocks ability to shorten the game. Dominating both lines of scrimmage was (and should always be!) priority number one and it really paid off in the second half. Carmel only gained one first down in the second half and it was on a penalty. Very encouraging going into the Moeller game against an incredible rushing attack.

No official word just yet, but I'd expect to lose both starting RB/CB Stephen Mack and OLB Finn Laskowski to injury for the year. Huge losses for this defensive unit. Drew Davis stepped in and played a great game at Nickel/Viper (or whatever he calls it) and junior Jordan McIntyre appeared to be the backup for Mack, although I can see sophomore Kingston Florence also getting some reps with the 1's. Either way, it's next man up against one of the best teams in Ohio!

Hope those guys have better recovery than expected and maybe get back at end of year.