Green County at Adair County Scrimmage

GC-Dragons

I was able to attend this one, and the Dragons did not disappoint. The Dragons won the varsity section 6 touchdowns to zero for Adair. Adair won the Jv section 2-0. 

Green really threw the ball well and played very solid as a team. Houchens and Seymour are still going to be a handful for anyone they play this year when they run the ball. I really like the way Hodges threw the ball and how scary Ferguson is in the open field with the ball. He's going to be great at WR. Also saw some great speed out of Slinker, he has improved massively from last year, along with having picked up some great muscle. 

Adair has some really big guys up front and they get after you, but they don't have an athlete that can just take one to the house at any time. They will need to be methodical and score when they make it into the redzone. I think they will have a tough year with the district they are in, with the teams they play all improving from last year.

I think the Dragons are 100 times ahead of last year throwing the ball, but behind where they were last year at this time with defense. I expect the Dragons to only get better as the young guys get more and more game experience. Excited for the season to get started. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Green Defensively still has the quick and smothering back feild. The line was decent you could tell they are missing Noah Grey. I think they will get better as the year goes on. Offensively they are 5x better then last year.  Hodges will be a kid to keep an eye on. He looked as he had played his whole career. Cheifsmoke and Green coaching staff has put alot of work in. He could be a very dangerous player by his SR Year. Houchens and Seymour looked faster and stronger this year. Ferguson is gonna be hard to handle anywere he is on the feild. I think this team is gonna turn alot of heads this year. 

Taylor county game at Taylor county will be there Biggest challenge of the season. Should be a good game. Taylor county is big and there strong. The brothers are hard to handle. They somewhat know what to expect from Green. Taylor lacked a passing game and depended on the run as Green county did however last year they couldn't move the ball. I'm gonna be there for this one. It will be one of the best games in the state imo. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Brown said:

Beat Taylor County again this year?

I honestly don't know, I think Taylor will be better than last year, and they will have revenge on their mind, so I'd say Taylor would be a slight favorite with them being at home. Should be a very competitive game. 

The only thing with Taylor is unless something has changed they can’t throw the ball at all against Glasgow last year in the playoffs they attempted to throw a couple passes because Glasgow loaded the box and took the run away and even with a loaded box they couldn’t throw the ball as they threw two pick 6s and got waxed.