Daviess County to play Ryle (Week 4)

• theguru changed the title to Daviess County to play Ryle (Week 4)

Love to see this game. I don’t know much about Daviess County. I do know Ryle will be tough this year. Junior QB Logan Verax is arguably one of the best QBs in NKY and class of 24 in Kentucky. Add that with senior  WRs Kaden Gardner, Abram Cusick and Junior RB Lukas Colemire. The offense will be one of the explosive offensives in KY. 

Defensively they have to fill Two big keys to that defense. Losing LBs Gabe Savage and Jackson Belk. 

If the Raiders can get the defense to where it was last year I don’t see any reason they shouldn’t win this game and many more this year. Best of luck to both teams.

• Like 2

Maybe it is crazy talk...

... but if Daviess has another big year I could see Matt Brannon being a popular name for some bigger and more prominent programs to target (not just KY).

Daviess runs a very exciting offensive system that is very alluring for talented QB's to want to play in. It is equally exciting to watch. The problem Daviess has is it has really been very difficult to get enough "Jim's & Joe's" to compete in 6A. If there is a program confident they have enough talent in their pipeline but just wants that guy to breathe a fresh look or excitement, I could see Brannon getting a very hard look.

There is little chance this game is at 7 pm Eastern (as KHSAA scoreboard shows).

That's not enough time for Daviess to get there and warm up without missing class (which bylaws say you can't do for REGULAR season; postseason is different).

I'm thinking 8 p.m. Eastern or later.

20220707_101622.jpg

20220707_101627.jpg

20220707_101637.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hey Nate,

Not sure on these two schools, but many schools have early release on Fridays, which very well could be the case for both and would allow for this early game time. You very well might be right, but this is also a different possibility for it to happen. Have a great day. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GC-Dragons said:

Hey Nate,

Not sure on these two schools, but many schools have early release on Fridays, which very well could be the case for both and would allow for this early game time. You very well might be right, but this is also a different possibility for it to happen. Have a great day. 

Multiple districts do get out early on Fridays.

But 3+ hours drive and that time zone, plus warm-ups and eating would make 7 Eastern (6 Central for Daviess) very difficult.

KHSAA game times are local to host.

Ryle is host and Eastern.

Daviess is visitor and Central.

So showing 7 on Ryle means 6 Central for Daviess.

Even on an early Friday, that's pushing it for a game that doesn't have to be played.

5 hours ago, NateInSports said:

Multiple districts do get out early on Fridays.

But 3+ hours drive and that time zone, plus warm-ups and eating would make 7 Eastern (6 Central for Daviess) very difficult.

KHSAA game times are local to host.

Ryle is host and Eastern.

Daviess is visitor and Central.

So showing 7 on Ryle means 6 Central for Daviess.

Even on an early Friday, that's pushing it for a game that doesn't have to be played.

Hearing this game will most likely be moved to Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2