LeBron's Lakers

5 hours ago, bugatti said:

To nobody's surprise, Vogel is out as the head coach, because that is how this works in the NBA.

When asked about his relationship with Vogel, who at times during the season benched Westbrook for the fourth quarter of games, he replied: “I’m not sure what his issue was with me.

When I first got here, I just felt that I never was given a fair chance just to be who I need to be to better help this team."

Um, maybe it was the fact you lead the league in turnovers, worst three pointer shooter in the league, and fourth worst FT shooter in the league?

Russ and averaged 3.8 turnovers a game.  His lowest average since 2014-15.  

AD was a worse three point shooter than Russ at 18%   

Fourth worst free throw shooter in the NBA at 67%?  No way that’s real   Where did you find that stat?   

Russ was second in scoring on the Lakers, first in assists, first in rebounds, first in steals.  As bad as he was he was still one of their best and most consistent players all season long   The narrative was to scapegoat Russ and show his lowlights from every single game and folks ate that up.  

At the end of the day Ty Lue had to coach the Clippers who were without Kawhi Leonard all season and Paul George most of the season.  His best player was Reggie Jackson.  They made the playoffs.  That’s why Vogel is trash and should have been fired.  

At some point folks need to recognize how abysmally bad the Lakers front office is.  They were abysmally bad before LeBron.  They’ve been abysmally bad during LeBron and if the Buss family still owns the team after LeBron they will still be abysmally bad.  

If LeBron had the pull in the front office that everyone claims he has then why couldn’t he get his coach Ty Lue that extra year on his contract that he wanted?   Does LeBron have influence?  For sure.  But to act like he has total control over everything is a clear exaggeration and simply an exoneration of a front office that is and has been trash since 2012.   The Lakers became awful when they let Jerry West go.   Period.  

1 hour ago, PurplePride92 said:

Russ and averaged 3.8 turnovers a game.  His lowest average since 2014-15.  

AD was a worse three point shooter than Russ at 18%   

Fourth worst free throw shooter in the NBA at 67%?  No way that’s real   Where did you find that stat?   

Russ was second in scoring on the Lakers, first in assists, first in rebounds, first in steals.  As bad as he was he was still one of their best and most consistent players all season long   The narrative was to scapegoat Russ and show his lowlights from every single game and folks ate that up.  

At the end of the day Ty Lue had to coach the Clippers who were without Kawhi Leonard all season and Paul George most of the season.  His best player was Reggie Jackson.  They made the playoffs.  That’s why Vogel is trash and should have been fired.  

There are worse shooters, but of those that qualify, that is where he was. AD didn't play enough games. Of qualified shooters, Russ was 108 of 112 in FT%. Tied with Kelly Oubre Jr., and just ahead of Evan Mobley, Andrew Wiggins, and Christian Wood. I have no clue what happened to Russ from the FT line the last few years. A few years ago I want to say he is was mid-80% or so?

image.png.7f710ba1ac59f0c8e72082048e3af207.png

Russ is who he has always been... his warts have just been magnified in LA. His numbers steadily improved, especially on the turnover front, towards the end of year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PurplePride92 said:

At some point folks need to recognize how abysmally bad the Lakers front office is.  They were abysmally bad before LeBron.  They’ve been abysmally bad during LeBron and if the Buss family still owns the team after LeBron they will still be abysmally bad.  

If LeBron had the pull in the front office that everyone claims he has then why couldn’t he get his coach Ty Lue that extra year on his contract that he wanted?   Does LeBron have influence?  For sure.  But to act like he has total control over everything is a clear exaggeration and simply an exoneration of a front office that is and has been trash since 2012.   The Lakers became awful when they let Jerry West go.   Period.  

Yep, they have been bad for about a decade now. The fact they just got out from Leoul Deng's contract tells you all you need to know about that. LeBron has probably more influence than any other player in the league (and I have no problem with that, he has earned it), but obviously he doesn't control every single detail.

• Like 1