Matt Ryan to the Colts

The AFC adds another good QB to the conference. Just imagine now if Lawrence, Wilson with the Jets, and Mac Jones all take second year jumps in improvement. Almost every team in the AFC now has a good QB or at least a young QB that they are trying to make a franchise QB. 

• Thanks 1

One of the most consistent QBs in the league. Two incredible years (2016 & 2018) and then the rest he was always in the top half of performers in the league. Last year his numbers were somewhat below his averages so his age (36) may be starting to creep in on him. Regardless, this is a big move for the Colts and there is a chance that even a 36 year old Ryan will be the best QB to suit up for Indy since Luck.

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

The AFC is loaded at the QB position.

This kind of thing gets me excited for the NFL to start again.  In about another month I will be ready. 

Who's the "easy" game(s) in the AFC?  Houston?  Jets beat the Bengals and Titans last year, and should be improved this year.  Likewise for Jacksonville.  The AFC is going to be an absolute gauntlet to get out of.  Certainly there are still going to be tiers, but I don't envision any cakewalks.

• Like 1