Rudy Tassini passes at age 80

The Raven

1 hour ago, ChiefSmoke said:

Love Rudy. Glad he was at Lloyd when I went to Mason. Excellent football coach and always fun to talk to. 

RIP Coach.

What a coaching staff Red Dog Daugherty put together at Lloyd. Rudy came to Lloyd under Red Dog. Mike Burns, Randy Cooper (Cooper HS namesake), Dick Wilmhoff, Buddy Dittus, Rusty Kordenbrock. Great coaching plus great players equals great team. Lloyd went 14-0 3A state champs under that staff. 

Rudy was head coach at Lloyd when Noel Rash played there.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

RIP Coach.

What a coaching staff Red Dog Daugherty put together at Lloyd. Rudy came to Lloyd under Red Dog. Mike Burns, Randy Cooper (Cooper HS namesake), Dick Wilmhoff, Buddy Dittus, Rusty Kordenbrock. Great coaching plus great players equals great team. Lloyd went 14-0 3A state champs under that staff. 

Rudy was head coach at Lloyd when Noel Rash played there.

Rudy Tassini was a great coach and an even better man and someone that had the respect of all players and coaches. However, Gary Dearwater was Lloyd’s head coach when Noel played. Rudy took over in 1987 and was there until I believe 1999. He was however, a great friend of Coach Rash.

12 minutes ago, gbballfan21 said:

Rudy Tassini was a great coach and an even better man and someone that had the respect of all players and coaches. However, Gary Dearwater was Lloyd’s head coach when Noel played. Rudy took over in 1987 and was there until I believe 1999. He was however, a great friend of Coach Rash.

Thanks for the correction. 

Did Rash coach with Rudy at Lloyd?