Turf for St. Henry High School

Well it's about time!  Looks like St Henry is moving forward with fundraising to replace the dreaded grass soccer field to a nice track/turf field facility.  The plan is actually to make the field lined with football and soccer lines to be able to open up both soccer and football teams the ability to rent the field AND if St. Henry in the next 10-15 years wants to start a football program the field will be already set.

A day late, dollar short for this Birds fan but hey it is nice for St Henry to potentially come into the 21st Century with this much needed addition to their High School campus.

Yes, still bitter....

Congrats Cru, now get it done!!!

@The Double Deuce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It would take it a bit to get going, but it would be interesting to see what a Catholic high school football program could do out that way. I still think your top tier talent ends up at CovCath, but I've known of quite a few who have driven past St. Henry on their way to play ball at another private school! 

• Like 1

They are certainly casting a wide net, I'm seeing a lot of promoted social posts urging people to donate to this project.  With most capital campaigns, you don't go public until you have more than half of the money committed in big chunks, I'm curious if that is the case here.  There are certainly some deep-pocketed individuals in the SHDHS family, so I'm sure they have seeded the project with large and generous donations.

• Like 1

Let's play the hypothetical game:  "IF" St Henry would ever get a football program up off the ground, what would their enrollment place them in which "class".  I am PURELY guessing but would it be more like 2A like Beechwood?  Or are they smaller than that or bigger???

Curious....