Glasgow vs. Taylor County Predictions/Updates

Scotties vs. Cardinals  

21 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/13/2021 at 12:00 AM

5tbvyo.thumb.jpg.89018dcdcf6dd5d3809de1b64390cc3c.jpg

Scotties and Cardinals meet in low-key matchup of top 10 teams

Records: Glasgow (10-1), Taylor County (9-2)

BGP Ranking: Glasgow (#3 in 3A), Taylor County (#10 in 3A)

Series History: Glasgow leads 4-2 dating back to 1998

Table Setter: Glasgow and Taylor County both won their first round games convincingly to set up this intriguing district title clash in Glasgow. The Scotties have persisted through some injuries to keep a ten game win streak alive. Among those ten straight wins was a 31-20 victory over the Cardinals on October 15th. Glasgow won the turnover battle 3-0, including two that set them up with short fields that they turned into touchdowns. 

Taylor County had been flying below the radar this year before sneaking into the regular season's final rankings. Their two losses this year are against teams with a combined record of 20-2. Running back Peyton Smith has carved out an incredible freshman season, leading 3A in rushing with over 1,700 yards.

Glasgow's run to the semifinals last year led them through Taylor County in this round after losing the regular season game. The Cardinals would love nothing more than to flip that script.

• Thanks 1

I just have this feeling Taylor wins this game. They seem to be playing the best they have all year, and Glasgow has had some unlucky injuries to some main cogs in the last few weeks. If Hunter Scott was playing id take the Scotties, but with him out, I'm taking Taylor.  Taylor 35-21 

Yeah, I think this is one of the flip-flops. Glasgow just doesn't look the same on film as they did before Scott's injury. Stockton is very athletic, but will be keyed on. I also don't see Taylor commiting the 2 turnovers inside their own 15 this time.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:39 PM, DevilMayCare said:

5tbvyo.thumb.jpg.89018dcdcf6dd5d3809de1b64390cc3c.jpg

Scotties and Cardinals meet in low-key matchup of top 10 teams

Records: Glasgow (10-1), Taylor County (9-2)

BGP Ranking: Glasgow (#3 in 3A), Taylor County (#10 in 3A)

Series History: Glasgow leads 4-2 dating back to 1998

Table Setter: Glasgow and Taylor County both won their first round games convincingly to set up this intriguing district title clash in Glasgow. The Scotties have persisted through some injuries to keep a ten game win streak alive. Among those ten straight wins was a 31-20 victory over the Cardinals on October 15th. Glasgow won the turnover battle 3-0, including two that set them up with short fields that they turned into touchdowns. 

Taylor County had been flying below the radar this year before sneaking into the regular season's final rankings. Their two losses this year are against teams with a combined record of 20-2. Running back Peyton Smith has carved out an incredible freshman season, leading 3A in rushing with over 1,700 yards.

Glasgow's run to the semifinals last year led them through Taylor County in this round after losing the regular season game. The Cardinals would love nothing more than to flip that script.

Glasgow went to the semifinals?

15 minutes ago, Jimmyjorg said:

He misspoke they made it to the regional final but I didn’t think it was calling him out on he does a good job with these and everyone makes mistakes.

30 minutes ago, Jimmyjorg said:

13 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

He misspoke they made it to the regional final but I didn’t think it was calling him out on he does a good job with these and everyone makes mistakes.

Thank you, @Tkinslow and @Jimmyjorg. I had it in my head that the Glasgow/CAL game was a semifinal. 

And please never hesitate to point out my mistakes!