Who deserves the Class 1A Coach of the Year?

Statewide or NKY? Paul Wiggins of Brossart will get some votes and Should be COY in NKY. If the voting is after the finals, probably be state champ. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 9068 said:

Looks like Coach Clark at Bardstown has had a great season! 

Bardstown is 3A I have to go with Mikey Benton at Russellville they haven’t been good the last 4 or 5 years I mean historically bad for Russellville and I think they have a legitimate shot at a state championship.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, brooksville said:

Paul Wiggins Jr. at Bishop Brossart.  @Mustang can give you more details. 

Coach Paul Wiggins is in his 8th year as our head coach.  Originally our Junior High coach, Wiggins who teaches at Newport, was enticed out of football coaching retirement in 2014 when we only had a handful of players and our program had been decimated by having played three of our four years in 2A competition, where we never won a 2A game.  He called a few of his old Junior High players into service, and basically saved Brossart football.  He won his 51st varsity game last Friday night at Pendleton County, against 32 losses.  His 2015 Mustangs started 7-0 and finished at 9-2, and his 2016 team went 8-3.  

We are presently 10-0 on the season, coming off of a 5-3 year, and the top defensive team in Class 1A, as well as being Top Five in many other categories.  We are also the fifth ranked team in Class 1A by RPI.  Quite an accomplishment for a team that had lost a ton to graduation the previous year.

We play Paris at home Friday night in the opening round of the Class 1A playoffs. 

• Like 1
On 11/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, Mustang said:

Bardstown is Class 3A.

Was thinking about them playing in the All A Mustang. They used our facility at Bellevue years ago. Really good team...Boo Brewer and Sam Libratore. But that's been a loooong time ago lol.