Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Central 21 Pikeville 19

Featured Replies

Final. Class 1A's #1 team falls for the second week in a row.

1 minute ago, DevilMayCare said:

Final. Class 1A's #1 team falls for the second week in a row.

No shame in those two losses. 

  • Author
2 minutes ago, theguru said:

No shame in those two losses. 

Definitely not. LCA is loaded and Madison Central has a case for the top 10 in 6A. 

  • Author

The end of this one was tense. Trailing by two late in the 4th, Pikeville picked off Madison Central in Pikeville territory. The Panthers eventually turned it into a first and goal inside MC's 5, before Blake Birchfield fumbled and the Indians recovered. MC goes three and out, giving Pikeville another chance. They got to the MC 22, but missed a field goal in the waning moments. 

Tough injury to probably Central’s top defender in first half slowed them down. Was 14-0.  Hoping it’s not a bad injury.

In the long run it is a good game for both teams. We can’t forget it was 6A vs 1A.  Could be wrong but I think Central is over rated. Before this game the teams they beat this year had a total of 3 wins. The schedule has been very weak besides the 1A and 2A teams they have played. 

3 hours ago, GoodOleBoy said:

In the long run it is a good game for both teams. We can’t forget it was 6A vs 1A.  Could be wrong but I think Central is over rated. Before this game the teams they beat this year had a total of 3 wins. The schedule has been very weak besides the 1A and 2A teams they have played. 

I’m curious to hear your explanation behind Madison Central being “Overrated“.  Is this based on the overall Top 25 rankings in the state, which they are currently not?  Is this based on their ranking in 6A?  Or is this based on RPI, which is computer generated?  Madison Central is vastly improved team and really good hard nosed team but I don’t see where calling them “Overrated” applies.  I do think they have the potential to really surprise some people.  

Furthermore, in most cases I would agree that a 6A team beating a 1A team is expected.  But Pikeville isn’t a normal 1A team.  Most people would agree.  Ask LCA who is a really great team and Pikeville gave them a game.  Pikeville has the size, athleticism and dress as many players as a 4 or 5A team and if I recall they are ranked in the over Top 25 in the state.

Based on being number 8 in 6A. I don’t disagree that this team is vastly improved. A lot of kids returning this year that were very young last year and played a lot. Pikeville is different than most 1A schools, but still 1A.  How many kids dress has nothing to do with anything. Reread what I said, I gave LCA and Pikeville credit for being good teams. I was talking about the rest of the schedule for Madison Central. Pikeville has the size and numbers, but I would disagree that they have the athletes that most 6A teams. Oldham Co, Bryan Station and Southwestern will show for sure where the Indians stand. Wish them nothing but the best of luck...just a good ole boys opinion. Keep it real yo! 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.