Cincinnati Football Recruiting 2023

Walter

• 4 weeks later...

His high school coach stated in an interview that Hewlett chose UC over offers from West VA, Kentucky, NC State, Virginia Tech, and Boston College... Not sure how accurate that is, though. I'd think with an offer list like that, he would have been evaluated at some point by a national or regional guy and given a rating. 

• Thanks 1

5* Sonny Styles was on an OV to ND Sat for one of their biggest recruiting weekends of the year... Two days after beating them in front of those recruits, UC offers their top target.

Extreme long shot,but Fick and his staff are definitely swinging for the fences in '23. @John Anthony

13 hours ago, Walter said:

5* Sonny Styles was on an OV to ND Sat for one of their biggest recruiting weekends of the year... Two days after beating them in front of those recruits, UC offers their top target.

Extreme long shot,but Fick and his staff are definitely swinging for the fences in '23. @John Anthony

No chance he goes to UC IMO.  My sources are telling me he’s quietly talking to other kids about OSU.  I think it’s an OSU/ND battle.

10 hours ago, John Anthony said:

No chance he goes to UC IMO.  My sources are telling me he’s quietly talking to other kids about OSU.  I think it’s an OSU/ND battle.

Probably right... love the staff's confidence though to at least try to recruit a top 10 kid. He is very close with Doggette, Gillison, and Stephan Byrd (Sour Patch Kids nickname goes back to pee wee football) so the staff is trying to use that as an advantage. I believe Styles SR also played with Fick at OSU.

ND is getting a lot of hype because his older brother is already there, but I've also heard that OSU is in a much better spot than a lot of people realize.

• 1 month later...
On 10/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, John Anthony said:

I still think Kelly is in the mix at USC. If he goes, Fickel to ND. Perfect fit.