Thanksgiving Dinner vs. 4th of July Cookout

Randy Parker

Thanksgiving Dinner vs. 4th Of July Cookout  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Thanksgiving Dinner vs. 4th Of July Cookout

• Thanksgiving Dinner
    • 4th Of July Cookout

7 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I have never heard anyone say anything about enjoying the leftovers from their July 4th shindig.  Ever.  Yes, the burgers, brats, beans and anything else you may have during that meal may be great, but they are a one-time experience.  Actually, I take that back.  It probably IS a multi-meal experience, because you grill out MORE than just on the 4th of July!  There is likely nothing special that you cook ONLY for the 4th.

Thanksgiving, on the other hand, gives our family an opportunity to eat some food that we may only have once, or at the most, a couple times each year.  And enjoying the leftovers in the following days, allows us to enjoy that experience a little longer.

I agree with @Voice of ReasonThanksgiving wins this battle, hands down.

You gotta like leftovers for that to work. 😉

I admit it is the whole Thanksgiving package for me.  My sisters together Wednesday evening starting all the prep. Then again in the morning working together and teaching some of the younger ones. The food, same menu every year, is home made and well prepared. Real food. Homemade pie. Drunk turkey. Rich gravey.  The family, with any stray friend who has no place to go, standing while holding hands and giving thanks. The eating , the table talk, the boys cleaning up, the football games, some cards. ( Euchre or Knock). Everyone with a meal to take home. That is my Thanksgiving and I wouldn’t change a thing. 

• Like 1