Reds at Twins (6/21 - 6/22)

• theguru changed the title to Reds at Twins (6/21 - 6/22)
1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

At end of the day, the issue is with the front office being unwilling to find bullpen help.  

This is where I am heading.  I think the thought process so far has been, if we can just stay close until Lorenzen gets back.  Stupid thinking, because you may be out of it by then, or blown out the good guys you do have, due to over-usage.

3 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

You have a 5-3 lead going to bottom of 10 and bring on Sean Do-nothing?  Guy needs to be gone.  Sims throws one inning in last 5 days and cannot go 2?

At end of the day, the issue is with the front office being unwilling to find bullpen help.  

I agree with you. Sims has gone 2 innings even recently. He did throw a lot of pitches and was lucky to escape the 9th, but I still would have started the 10th with him on the mound. The Reds needed that win.

2 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

This is where I am heading.  I think the thought process so far has been, if we can just stay close until Lorenzen gets back.  Stupid thinking, because you may be out of it by then, or blown out the good guys you do have, due to over-usage.

TJ Antone activated today. That is huge.