McCracken County 15 Danville 10 (KHSAA Semi-final)

8 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

In not sure, the UK commit was getting shelled as well.

Tough call. I think I’d have kept him in as long as I was ahead. It was clear Morse didn’t want to use Baxter until tomorrow and was trying to leg out a victory. Ultimately he had to go to him, but it was too late.

I saw Howe against Beechwood and McCracken, two outstanding teams. I wasn’t wowed either time. Not sure if he was tired this late in the season but fastball didn’t have its normal pop and he struggled to get outs. Hopefully with some rest he’ll be ready to go at UK. 

9 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Tough call. I think I’d have kept him in as long as I was ahead. It was clear Morse didn’t want to use Baxter until tomorrow and was trying to leg out a victory. Ultimately he had to go to him, but it was too late.

I saw Howe against Beechwood and McCracken, two outstanding teams. I wasn’t wowed either time. Not sure if he was tired this late in the season but fastball didn’t have its normal pop and he struggled to get outs. Hopefully with some rest he’ll be ready to go at UK. 

Yeah tough call, but it is always easy to second guess after the fact. Howe was an amazing hitter though, hopefully UK will let him do both. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

Yeah tough call, but it is always easy to second guess after the fact. Howe was an amazing hitter though, hopefully UK will let him do both. 

Amen. I was reluctant to say anything because I’m absolutely second guessing. And I agree, hope he gets to hit at UK. He’s an almost impossible out.

• Like 1