Titans Rockets Summer Shootout

This weekend June 18-20, Martha Layne Collins High School and Shelby County High School will be hosting the 2021 Titans Rockets Summer Shootout.  This is an NCAA Certified event that will feature 64 of the best teams and talent in the state as well as some top out of state teams from Ohio, Indiana, and Florida.  Hundreds of college coaches from all levels are expected to be in Shelbyville this weekend as it is a live recruiting period for colleges.  Check the following link for more information:  

https://linktr.ee/KYNCAATitansRocketsShootout

Check the "Event Schedule" link in the above link tree to see the field.

We hope to see you in Shelbyville this weekend!!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SummerShootout said:

This weekend June 18-20, Martha Layne Collins High School and Shelby County High School will be hosting the 2021 Titans Rockets Summer Shootout.  This is an NCAA Certified event that will feature 64 of the best teams and talent in the state as well as some top out of state teams from Ohio, Indiana, and Florida.  Hundreds of college coaches from all levels are expected to be in Shelbyville this weekend as it is a live recruiting period for colleges.  Check the following link for more information:  

https://linktr.ee/KYNCAATitansRocketsShootout

Check the "Event Schedule" link in the above link tree to see the field.

We hope to see you in Shelbyville this weekend!!!

That Travis Perry vs Reed Sheppard matchup first game will be something else!

Loaded event.

If you're in the Louisville area, this is a great opportunity to see a lot of high level talent.

Juwan Howard, Tony Bennett, and UC's Wes Miller are just a few of the coaches that are/were in attendance today.

So, I watched the first half of Lyon County v North Laurel yesterday and.....I'm not sure how to say this, but it was a bit underwhelming.  If I didn't know who Reed Sheppard was, I'm not sure I'd have paid much attention to him.  Simply didn't stand out at all.  Now, that was one half - I suspect he was much better in the second half, and in the end all any of this means is that anyone can have a bad day.  But, a 6'2 kid can disappear in a way that a 6'11 athletic kid won't.  That's a reference to the kid from Evangel.  I've seen him 3 times this summer now, and he is really raw.  Maybe too nice.  But even when he's not doing anything, your eyes are drawn to him - he's 6'11, smooth and athletic, and those don't come around too often.  The Travis Perry kid impressed in that one half I saw against North Laurel - hit several threes right out of the shoot.  Great shot, very confident, a lot of moxie.  Not overly athletic and he looks like maybe in bare feet he's 6 feet, if that.  He's clearly finished growing, even as a sophomore to be.  Will be really interesting to watch how he develops as far as college recruiting goes.  I noticed that Rick Stansbury took the time to stop him to talk yesterday.....