John Rahm Withdraws From Memorial Tournament

Due to a positive test for COVID on Saturday. He had just finished the third round and was lapping the field with a 6-shot lead.  

A large part of me thinks that this is terrible luck, and I feel for the guy.  

A small part of me thinks that this is a really expensive consequence of not getting vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

How can someone not have the vaccine yet? My goodness. Over 136 million now vaccinated. Has there ever been a more tested vaccine in history at this point?

It's still a choice.  I'm sure he has his own personal reasons. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

It's still a choice.  I'm sure he has his own personal reasons. 

Actually I heard he did get the vaccine. As we know the vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID, it reduces symptoms and risk of death. So he should be ok, just a $1M+ lighter in the wallet.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Actually I heard he did get the vaccine. As we know the vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID, it reduces symptoms and risk of death. So he should be ok, just a $1M+ lighter in the wallet.

Oh, so people were just assuming he was "irresponsible" and hadn't got the vaccine.  Cool.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Oh, so people were just assuming he was "irresponsible" and hadn't got the vaccine.  Cool.

Yes I (not people) made a mistake. It happens and it is easy to admit it when you realize you are wrong. Have to keep moving forward as we learn.

• Like 1

And now it sounds like Rahm most likely is not vaccinated. No one is confirming either way. If he is not vaccinated, prayers that he makes it through COVID with minimal symptoms. 

By the way, the tour has made vaccination shots available at every tour event. If he is not vaccinated, it is on him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

And now it sounds like Rahm most likely is not vaccinated. No one is confirming either way. If he is not vaccinated, prayers that he makes it through COVID with minimal symptoms. 

By the way, the tour has made vaccination shots available at every tour event. If he is not vaccinated, it is on him.

A version that I've heard is that he got the first shot on Monday.  Again, can't confirm either way.

• Thanks 1