Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carson Williams (Owen County/Nku/Wku) signed by the Raiders

Featured Replies

Looks like the Las Vegas Raiders have signed Carson Williams to play tight end.  He hasn't played football since the 8th grade but has the athleticism as he posted a 4.73 40 time and a 38 inch vertical.  It would be pretty cool if this ends up working out for him.

I think its pretty cool that they signed up, but how can they before the draft?  I know he wouldn't have been drafted but I'm still curious.

9 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think its pretty cool that they signed up, but how can they before the draft?  I know he wouldn't have been drafted but I'm still curious.

Just a guess, but it's been over a year since Carson left school. So this is probably just looked at as an undrafted free agent signing. 

17 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Just a guess, but it's been over a year since Carson left school. So this is probably just looked at as an undrafted free agent signing. 

Carson played basketball for Western this year.

9 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think its pretty cool that they signed up, but how can they before the draft?  I know he wouldn't have been drafted but I'm still curious.

I think you have to declare and enter your name in the draft process in order to be drafted.   If you don't do that, you can sign with anyone.  I may be wrong, but I think that is the process.

6 minutes ago, The Raven said:

I think you have to declare and enter your name in the draft process in order to be drafted.   If you don't do that, you can sign with anyone.  I may be wrong, but I think that is the process.

I doubt that. No one would declare for the draft.

12 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I doubt that. No one would declare for the draft.

Thats why I was wondering how this was possible. Seems like many players and teams would take advantage of this. Obviously not top talent but others.

Okay, this may not be right...but, I found something similar on several different sites, so I think it's possibly correct.

"To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early.

Players are draft-eligible only in the year after the end of their college eligibility."

So, I'm wondering if he was allowed to do this because of his red-shirt year at Western (the year after he left NKU).  Yeah, he sat out a basketball season...but, it may still have counted as a year of football eligibility.  So, technically, if he wanted to enter the NFL draft, it would've been last year. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.