If you had the power to tweak the RPI what would you do?

theguru

22 hours ago, InsideTrap said:

When it gets to the Final 8, use the RPI to fully seed, not just seed  Districts 1-4, and 5-8.  Seed it 8 at 1, 7 at 2, 6 at 3 and 5 at 4..

Actually scrapping RPI is the best and go back to sister districts.

I don't necessarily agree on scrapping the RPI all together, we need some kind of computer model to make sure the best teams are not match up in the Second and third round. Now i do think reseeding the final eight 1-8 is a big deal. I remember in previous years St. X had to play Male in the 3rd round, because they were both in the " West" side of the state. The final 8 just needs to be seeded 1-8, a team should not be at the mercy of where there school is located. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R1 sports fan said:

I don't necessarily agree on scrapping the RPI all together, we need some kind of computer model to make sure the best teams are not match up in the Second and third round. Now i do think reseeding the final eight 1-8 is a big deal. I remember in previous years St. X had to play Male in the 3rd round, because they were both in the " West" side of the state. The final 8 just needs to be seeded 1-8, a team should not be at the mercy of where there school is located. 

In order to get the best 8 teams...4 teams and 2 teams you also have to scrap intra district play the first 2 rounds.  If you seed 1-8 and you play sister districts first 2 rounds, you could theoretically have 2 teams from the same district meet for the State Championship (Which if they are the 2 best teams, should be what happens IMO).

• Like 1