12th Region Tournament

11 minutes ago, ACfan4 said:

Any live stream for this tournament?

Unfortunately no.  They decided against video streaming.  For what reason, I still haven’t heard a rationale.  Seems senseless, during a pandemic and limited ticket availability to not stream. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 10:37 PM, Rebelstat said:

Would be happy to give you stats like we normally do but they are not having us do it for the region this year like they have the pass couple of years.  

Thanks. I appreciate it.

From the Advocate Sports:

”Turns out the boys 12th Region Tournament wasn't such a tough ticket even with limited attendance, at least not on day one. No game sold out, and none of the eight schools sold out their 250-ticket allotment, even though more than half made e-ticket links public via social media.Lincoln County came closest to selling out its allotment, selling 243 of 250 tickets. But most schools didn't come close, and one school sold fewer than 70 tickets.”

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

From the Advocate Sports:

”Turns out the boys 12th Region Tournament wasn't such a tough ticket even with limited attendance, at least not on day one. No game sold out, and none of the eight schools sold out their 250-ticket allotment, even though more than half made e-ticket links public via social media.Lincoln County came closest to selling out its allotment, selling 243 of 250 tickets. But most schools didn't come close, and one school sold fewer than 70 tickets.”

Not surprising. I think most fans have written off this season as "I can't go to the games." Even with the schools advertising available tickets much of the population hasn't been able to go all season and they've got no connection now. Finally, I like having tickets on my phone (paperless) but there are a lot of people in my community (and I'm guessing many others) who much prefer handing $5 to the worker at the gate. The idea of using a smart phone to purchase and then redeem a ticket is daunting for a lot of folks who regularly attend high school basketball games. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Not surprising. I think most fans have written off this season as "I can't go to the games." Even with the schools advertising available tickets much of the population hasn't been able to go all season and they've got no connection now. Finally, I like having tickets on my phone (paperless) but there are a lot of people in my community (and I'm guessing many others) who much prefer handing $5 to the worker at the gate. The idea of using a smart phone to purchase and then redeem a ticket is daunting for a lot of folks who regularly attend high school basketball games. 

The worst part about paperless tickets are all the fees that come along with that. But I agree with what you're saying. 

• Like 1