Walton-Verona 65 Grant County 61 (32nd District Semifinals)

Can anybody from Grant County that was there last night tell me if the comment directed at the Walton player there towards the end of the game came from the Grant County bench (Coach Utter?) or from a fan in the stands?  With everyone wearing masks, it was hard to tell for sure.

Coaches son get injured late game.  Waltons fans yelling good job.  Grants coach yelled back and one Grant fan who I believe was family to the bleeding kid was upset.  Grant staff told fan to settle down.  End of discussion don’t take away from a great game.  

Great district matchup and great game start to finish.  Game could have went either way.  Grant was up 1 with ball under 1:30 to play.  Had two turnovers and missed a huge layup.  Very young team that made some young mistakes 

Enjoyed seeing progress in this team.  They played season with 3juniors, 3-4 sophomores and two freshman.  

Good luck to Walton.

29 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Coaches son get injured late game.  Waltons fans yelling good job.  Grants coach yelled back and one Grant fan who I believe was family to the bleeding kid was upset.  Grant staff told fan to settle down.  End of discussion don’t take away from a great game.  

Great district matchup and great game start to finish.  Game could have went either way.  Grant was up 1 with ball under 1:30 to play.  Had two turnovers and missed a huge layup.  Very young team that made some young mistakes 

Enjoyed seeing progress in this team.  They played season with 3juniors, 3-4 sophomores and two freshman.  

Good luck to Walton.

I agree, great game, regardless of how it turned out.  Both teams put forth a great effort.

The only point that I was getting at, was IF the coach addressed a player on the opposing team.  That would've been so far out of character for Coach Utter, even if it was his kid.  That's why it seemed so ludicrous for me to imagine it.  But, not being able to see lips move (due to masks) it was hard to tell.

7 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I agree, great game, regardless of how it turned out.  Both teams put forth a great effort.

The only point that I was getting at, was IF the coach addressed a player on the opposing team.  That would've been so far out of character for Coach Utter, even if it was his kid.  That's why it seemed so ludicrous for me to imagine it.  But, not being able to see lips move (due to masks) it was hard to tell.

I wouldn’t say out of character for Utter. He yelled into the stands last year at a parent.