Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP Poll 3/8/21

Featured Replies

Rank (FPV).                Rcd.    Pts.  Pvs.

1. Elizabethtown (6)  20-0   108.   1

2. Ryle (6).                   19-2.  105.   3

3. Anderson Co.         21-2.    77.   4

3. Boyd Co.                 11-1.    77.   5

5. Bullitt East.             18-2.    67.   6

6. Marshall Co.           18-2.    57.   2

7. Bethlehem.             20-4.    43.   8     

8. Cooper.                   15-3.    27.   9

9. Southwestern.       14-6.    19.   NR

10. Butler.                     7-2.     13.   NR

Others receiving votes: North Laurel 11; Dixie Heights 10; Russell 9; Central 8; Sacred Heart 5; Bardstown 4; Graves Co.; Henderson Co. 2

 

I have not been following girls hoops this season. I knew Ryle would be good with their returning players. How does this poll look, heading into the homestretch?

I’m an Apollo guy, but I’m going to let my bias show here a bit.

They’ve been without key player Amber Dunn since the first game of the year. She just came back from injury.

They’ve been quarantined twice, and played several games with only 6 players eligible because of covid.

Make no mistake, those girls can play ball.
They have Five seniors and some underclass men role players who have, just this week, managed to stay together and heathy and start to put the pieces of the puzzle together. 

They largely flew under the radar in the 3rd last season because Owensboro Catholic was so good with current Murray State Racer Hannah McKay.

I think they will surprise some people in the post season, big time. 

 

Owl, I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or not, but I think #2 is a bit high for Ryle, to be honest.  

2 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Owl, I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or not, but I think #2 is a bit high for Ryle, to be honest.  

Could you expand on this?

Ryle is 4-0 against that current AP top 10.  They have wins against Anderson Co., Bullitt East, Bethlehem and Cooper.

Currently have the HIGHEST RPI in the entire State.

Do you feel like they don't deserve to be 2nd?  If so where do you rank them and who is ahead of the?

3 minutes ago, GBBfan90 said:

Could you expand on this?

Ryle is 4-0 against that current AP top 10.  They have wins against Anderson Co., Bullitt East, Bethlehem and Cooper.

Currently have the HIGHEST RPI in the entire State.

Do you feel like they don't deserve to be 2nd?  If so where do you rank them and who is ahead of the?

Ryle did beat Bullitt East and I give them credit, but East was without Gracie Merkle in that game as well.  She is a difference maker and hopefully, we'll get to see the 2 teams play again with her in the lineup.

1 minute ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Ryle did beat Bullitt East and I give them credit, but East was without Gracie Merkle in that game as well.  She is a difference maker and hopefully, we'll get to see the 2 teams play again with her in the lineup.

Ryle was without Brie Crittendon as well.  

15 minutes ago, GBBfan90 said:

Could you expand on this?

Ryle is 4-0 against that current AP top 10.  They have wins against Anderson Co., Bullitt East, Bethlehem and Cooper.

Currently have the HIGHEST RPI in the entire State.

Do you feel like they don't deserve to be 2nd?  If so where do you rank them and who is ahead of the?

Sure, happy to.  They have been playing great lately, and the Dunbar win is really impressive, both the result (and location), but more so, the margin.  I'm a big fan of Crittendon (have followed her closely since I knew her sister from both Ryle and Xavier), and obviously I LOVE Holtman's game, I'm just not convinced that they are "that" good.  They are still really young in key spots, with Eubank, Holtman, and Baker, and honestly, I wish they shot it a little better (and more consistently).    

I have been to so many Ryle Girls' games over the last few years, it may just be I know more about them than most others (aside from maybe Cooper, ND, and SHDHS), so maybe that makes me more critical.  My comment probably should have been worded more along the lines of I hope this is right, meaning #2, but it seems high to me.  Maybe the rest of the state is down a little, maybe I'm too critical of the Raiders given what I've watched the last many years with Maddie and Schwartz, but I just think this team's best days are ahead of them.

I hope like crazy this rating is accurate, and they certainly are playing like it lately, but I just feel like they aren't complete enough to make a run that deep in March / April -- but I hope I'm wrong.

51 minutes ago, GBBfan90 said:

Ryle was without Brie Crittendon as well.  

Then it sounds like if they get the opportunity to play again, it should be a good one.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.