Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TilghmanPride

Murray State 14 UT Martin 10

Recommended Posts

Murray opened up OVC play this season with a win in Dean Hood's first game as head coach. 

It was a defensive slugfest with a 7-3 score for most of the game before both teams scored in the last 5 minutes. 

There was around a 2 1/2 hour delay due to weather. Murray had over 5 inches of rain by game's end with it still pouring. 

Having been to several practices for the Racers, it played out just as expected. They defense is much better than the offense. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird to see a regular season college football score on the eve of March.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Raven said:

It's weird to see a regular season college football score on the eve of March.

Exactly, weird...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Raven said:

It's weird to see a regular season college football score on the eve of March.

I'm curious if avid followers of these FCS schools are focused/interested in their teams as they typically are in the fall? Especially if your school has a basketball team that could potentially make the NCAA tournament or a really good baseball team playing in good weather.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I'm curious if avid followers of these FCS schools are focused/interested in their teams as they typically are in the fall? Especially if your school has a basketball team that could potentially make the NCAA tournament or a really good baseball team playing in good weather.

I am more so interested to see how interested the teams are. Rosters are also whacky right now. NDSU lost for the first time in 39 games to SIU 38-14. The mood around my neck of the woods is not near the same as it normally is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I am more so interested to see how interested the teams are. Rosters are also whacky right now. NDSU lost for the first time in 39 games to SIU 38-14. The mood around my neck of the woods is not near the same as it normally is.

Routine can't be underestimated and wow that is a big turnaround for NDSU. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Routine can't be underestimated and wow that is a big turnaround for NDSU. 

Tell me about it. So last season (2019), they had the #1 player in the nation in Trey Lance. As a first year starter the dude went an entire season without throwing an interception and was a heck of a dual threat. Fast forward to 2020 and the Bison play one (bizarre) game in October in front of no fans and that was the conclusion of his career; he is projected to be a top 10 draft pick. Same with some others not playing this Spring.

Anyways, congrats to the Racers. Hopefully coach Hood is able to turn around their program.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Tell me about it. So last season (2019), they had the #1 player in the nation in Trey Lance. As a first year starter the dude went an entire season without throwing an interception and was a heck of a dual threat. Fast forward to 2020 and the Bison play one (bizarre) game in October in front of no fans and that was the conclusion of his career; he is projected to be a top 10 draft pick. Same with some others not playing this Spring.

Anyways, congrats to the Racers. Hopefully coach Hood is able to turn around their program.

If I was a top draft pick there is no way on earth I would be playing "spring ball."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, theguru said:

If I was a top draft pick there is no way on earth I would be playing "spring ball."

I think that’s why NDSU played one fall game. It was basically just an opportunity for the scouts to come see him one more time. Now they’re starting a transfer from Iowa State, who, let’s be honest, is not a first round draft pick!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, theguru said:

If I was a top draft pick there is no way on earth I would be playing "spring ball."

Hell no. Don't think it was ever a consideration.

As a whole I have reservations on this spring ball thing since you have to turn around and playing again by August. I was having this conversation with someone before the Bison's first game... nothing positive will come of this. On cue, NDSU's best offensive player tore his ACL first play. See ya in 2022!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think that’s why NDSU played one fall game. It was basically just an opportunity for the scouts to come see him one more time. Now they’re starting a transfer from Iowa State, who, let’s be honest, is not a first round draft pick!

To put it nicely, Zeb Noland stinks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Hell no. Don't think it was ever a consideration.

As a whole I have reservations on this spring ball thing since you have to turn around and playing again by August. I was having this conversation with someone before the Bison's first game... nothing positive will come of this. On cue, NDSU's best offensive player tore his ACL first play. See ya in 2022!

Some of the leagues are playing 4-5 games while others are playing 7-8. Sixteen teams make the playoffs. If you win the FCS championship this season, it is very likely you'll play 12 games from March-May, then another 12 games from August-November. That doesn't seem like a recipe for good health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using the site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use Policies.