Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eagles 36 Giants 22

Featured Replies

Very tough schedule and way overrated quarterback. Not a good combination!!

I have said that for the last 5 or 6 games.Put J Lo in and they might win,if they don't the outcome is the same,right.:thumb:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have said that for the last 5 or 6 games.Put J Lo in and they might win,if they don't the outcome is the same,right.:thumb:

You are kidding, right? No way on earth J-Lo is comparable to Eli...

Very tough schedule and way overrated quarterback. Not a good combination!!

 

How is he over rated? Everyone says he sucks :lol:. He's thrown for a lot of TD's in his young career, and he's looked very good at times. He's young...give him time.

Really...that Tennessee loss doesn't look that bad now.

 

 

It does when you blow a 21 point 4th quarter lead.

You are kidding, right? No way on earth J-Lo is comparable to Eli...

 

 

:thumb: Some people have no clue.

Who in their right mind, at the beginning of the season, would think that after 14 games, the Jets would have a better record than the G-Men?

How is he over rated? Everyone says he sucks :lol:. He's thrown for a lot of TD's in his young career, and he's looked very good at times. He's young...give him time.

 

It's the same thing every year with him. If he were playing anywhere but the Big Apple, he probably would've been benched by now. That won't happen because they're paying him a huge contract and its not to be the backup. His arm strength is suspect at best and his decision making seems to be getting worse as time goes on. His own teammates question his ability, they just haven't gone public with it. How many times have you seen 1 of their receivers looking at him while walking back to the huddle, wondering where he was throwing the ball?

Who in their right mind, at the beginning of the season, would think that after 14 games, the Jets would have a better record than the G-Men?

 

Compare the schedules, and injury situations...then get back to me.

It's the same thing every year with him. If he were playing anywhere but the Big Apple, he probably would've been benched by now. That won't happen because they're paying him a huge contract and its not to be the backup. His arm strength is suspect at best and his decision making seems to be getting worse as time goes on. His own teammates question his ability, they just haven't gone public with it. How many times have you seen 1 of their receivers looking at him while walking back to the huddle, wondering where he was throwing the ball?

 

 

He is in the top 3 in TD's right now isn't he?? Why should he be benched? He is a good QB who has the potential to be GREAT. He's a 3rd year guy who has struggled a bit at times...every QB struggles you know...Carson Palmer didn't play too great last night...does that mean he's a bad QB? No, it means he's human.

 

You are just making guesses here saying his own players are questioning his ability...

 

Looking at him? You think they have problems because the WR's LOOK at him when walking back to the huddle?!?! Incase you don't watch football very often...most players look at the QB while walking back to the huddle, and in the huddle...because the QB calls the play in the huddle :laugh:.

He is in the top 3 in TD's right now isn't he?? Why should he be benched? He is a good QB who has the potential to be GREAT. He's a 3rd year guy who has struggled a bit at times...every QB struggles you know...Carson Palmer didn't play too great last night...does that mean he's a bad QB? No, it means he's human.

 

You are just making guesses here saying his own players are questioning his ability...

 

Looking at him? You think they have problems because the WR's LOOK at him when walking back to the huddle?!?! Incase you don't watch football very often...most players look at the QB while walking back to the huddle, and in the huddle...because the QB calls the play in the huddle :laugh:.

 

Oh come on. I have no problem with you being an Eli fan, but you can't tell me you haven't seen his receivers shaking their heads after he misses them by a wide margin. Yes, I agree that every QB has a bad game now and then, but Eli has a stretch of them each and every year and if you watch him in the press he doesn't come out and say " I need to play better". No he comes up with some lame duck statement about the team. He costs them games and you know it.

Compare the schedules, and injury situations...then get back to me.

 

Okay, I'm back.

 

As I said before, who would have thought AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON that after 14 games, the Jets would have a better record than the Giants? Here's how I saw the Giants thru 14; keeping in mind that they went through the preseason unbeaten:

 

INDY - L, @ Philly tossup, @ SEA - L, WASH - W, @ ATL - tossup, @ DAL - L, Tampa - W, Hou - W, Chi - L, @ JAX - L, Tenn - W, Dallas - W, @ Car - L, Phi - W. That's 6-6 with a two tossups. At 7-7, I would say that the Giants are right where I thought they'd be.

 

Here's what I would have predicted for the Jets:

 

@ Tenn - L, NE - L, @ Buff - L, Indy - L, @ Jax - L, Miami - W, Det - W, @ Cle - tossup, @ NE - L, Chi - L, Hou - W, @ GB - tossup, Buff - W, @ Minn - L. That's 4-8 with two tossups; 5-9 if the tossups were split, AT BEST 6-8.

 

Bottom line is that when compared to beginning-of-season expectations, the Giants really aren't all that far off where I thought they would be. It's the timing - the recent free-fall - that gives the perception that they are much worse than expected. The Jets, on the other hand, have exceeded expectations and then some.

 

And I'm no Jets fan.

Oh come on. I have no problem with you being an Eli fan, but you can't tell me you haven't seen his receivers shaking their heads after he misses them by a wide margin. Yes, I agree that every QB has a bad game now and then, but Eli has a stretch of them each and every year and if you watch him in the press he doesn't come out and say " I need to play better". No he comes up with some lame duck statement about the team. He costs them games and you know it.

 

 

Eli does not ever call out the team. I've heard him every time he's played bad, and he always says that he needs to play better. If you want proof, I can find the transcripts of the Q&A's with the media.

 

Yes, I see recievers for the Giants shaking their heads ONCE IN A WHILE, but how many teams don't have recievers that do that? Every single team in the NFL and during every single game a reciever will eventually get upset one or two times. That is a weak argument against Eli.

 

Eli has a stretch of bad games EVERY YEAR? He's only started 2 years pal, give him some time. Terry Bradshaw stunk for a while, Phil Simms did the same.

 

Eli hasn't cost the Giants nearly as many games as coaching has this season, I will tell you that. The Giants offensive play calling has been pathetic at times.

Okay, I'm back.

 

As I said before, who would have thought AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON that after 14 games, the Jets would have a better record than the Giants? Here's how I saw the Giants thru 14; keeping in mind that they went through the preseason unbeaten:

 

INDY - L, @ Philly tossup, @ SEA - L, WASH - W, @ ATL - tossup, @ DAL - L, Tampa - W, Hou - W, Chi - L, @ JAX - L, Tenn - W, Dallas - W, @ Car - L, Phi - W. That's 6-6 with a two tossups. At 7-7, I would say that the Giants are right where I thought they'd be.

 

Here's what I would have predicted for the Jets:

 

@ Tenn - L, NE - L, @ Buff - L, Indy - L, @ Jax - L, Miami - W, Det - W, @ Cle - tossup, @ NE - L, Chi - L, Hou - W, @ GB - tossup, Buff - W, @ Minn - L. That's 4-8 with two tossups; 5-9 if the tossups were split, AT BEST 6-8.

 

Bottom line is that when compared to beginning-of-season expectations, the Giants really aren't all that far off where I thought they would be. It's the timing - the recent free-fall - that gives the perception that they are much worse than expected. The Jets, on the other hand, have exceeded expectations and then some.

 

And I'm no Jets fan.

 

I'm not saying you are a Jets fan. I'm saying the main reason for the Giants record is that their schedule has been brutal and the injury report each week shows it.

The Giants are 3-4 at home, with victories over Washington, Tampa Bay and Houston – all teams with a losing record. The four teams they’ve lost to at home – Indianapolis, Chicago, Dallas and Philly – all have winning records. This week's opponent, the New Orleans Saints, are 9-5, which means the Giants are going to have to defeat a winning team at home for the first time if they hope to keep their place in the NFC playoff race.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.