Kentucky 2021 Football Schedule

16thBBall Fan

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Everything I hear the transfer from Penn State is pretty far in the lead for the job.  And I think it will take a lot more than a QB for UK to even dream about making it to Atlanta.  Yes a skilled QB will help UK against the likes of Ole Miss, Miss St., Mizzou and UofL but the talent at Athens and Gainesville is still too much for UK to ever achieve more than a rare win over UGA or UofF.

Agree to disagree. I admittedly am over-optimistic at times but I think UK is a lot closer than some think. They have 2 of the biggest factors in being successful in the SEC - run controlling offense and a potentially great defense. Just need to up the points per game. 

I am rooting for Beau Allen to get the nod being that he is the in-state/local guy but whoever puts UK in the best position to win, I am in support of. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 7:23 AM, Kenny Powers said:

Has anyone heard anything new about the QB competition? Who do you think has the inside track and why? I am biased but I really think this is the only thing keeping UK from a possible trip to Atlanta. 

Will Levis named the starting QB.  This news shouldn't surprise anyone.  Numerous leaks throughout Spring and Summer saying he looked better skilled than Gatewood or Allen. 

Gatewood announced he will be transferring from UK.  Feel bad for him and hope he finds a school he can succeed at.

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

Will Levis named the starting QB.  This news shouldn't surprise anyone.  Numerous leaks throughout Spring and Summer saying he looked better skilled than Gatewood or Allen. 

Gatewood announced he will be transferring from UK.  Feel bad for him and hope he finds a school he can succeed at.

I saw that. Excited about Levis' ability to push the ball vertically. Out of curiosity, why do you feel bad for Gatewood?

On 8/16/2021 at 7:16 PM, Kenny Powers said:

I saw that. Excited about Levis' ability to push the ball vertically. Out of curiosity, why do you feel bad for Gatewood?

What John Anthony said.  He was highly recruited out of high school and was assumed to be the eventual starter at Auburn, he didn't make it at Auburn.  Transfers to UK as the assumed successor to Terry Wilson only to lose that position to a transfer in.  Being highly regarded and losing out once stinks.  For it to happen to you twice is worse.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, Kenny Powers said:

Very true. I was wondering if people thought he wasn't given a fair chance or something like that. 

Everything I hear from people who have watched all three in practice is that he and Allen were given a fair chance, they just did stack up like Will Levis did.

After Levis graduates will Allen be good enough to start or will he get passed up like Gatewood did by a recruit or transfer?  I don't know.