What is more impressive? Brady vs. LeBron

On 1/27/2021 at 1:40 PM, TheDeuce said:

LeBron is the best athlete of all time. I'm not sure there's really a lot of debate to be had there. 

Bo Jackson might debate that being if not for an injury, most pretty much assume it was a given he would have been in the HOF in two of the three major sports.  I don't know of anyone else who has accomplished that.  Maybe Jim Thorpe?

Speaking of Jim Thorpe, he may also have a say as the greatest athlete of all time.  He not only competed, but excelled, in professional baseball, football and boxing.  Gold medaled in the Olympic decathalon also.  The man literally was among the best in just about every athletic endeavor he attempted.  Basketball may have come along too late for him, don't know.

Michael Phelps could also be brought up.  On this very site, after Phelps took the lead for the most Gold Medals ever, many proclaimed him as the greatest athlete ever and I thought you were among those who agreed with this idea of Phelps being the best.

Lastly, you can't leave Michael out of the conversation.  When everyone knows who you are just by your first name and your first name is a common as Jordan's is, that pretty much says you are among the best athletes ever.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Bo Jackson might debate that being if not for an injury, most pretty much assume it was a given he would have been in the HOF in two of the three major sports.  I don't know of anyone else who has accomplished that.  Maybe Jim Thorpe?

Speaking of Jim Thorpe, he may also have a say as the greatest athlete of all time.  He not only competed, but excelled, in professional baseball, football and boxing.  Gold medaled in the Olympic decathalon also.  The man literally was among the best in just about every athletic endeavor he attempted.  Basketball may have come along too late for him, don't know.

Michael Phelps could also be brought up.  On this very site, after Phelps took the lead for the most Gold Medals ever, many proclaimed him as the greatest athlete ever and I thought you were among those who agreed with this idea of Phelps being the best.

Lastly, you can't leave Michael out of the conversation.  When everyone knows who you are just by your first name and your first name is a common as Jordan's is, that pretty much says you are among the best athletes ever.

Oops, I see where you meant team competitors so you can drop Phelps from the list and just leave Bo, Jim and Michael.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bert said:

Jordan if he were the same age as Lebron?

I bring that up because last night I asked the question, who dominated their sport more, Jordan or Brady?

Then you think Jordan would have made more NBA finals than he did. He had an incredible run, but wasn't really known for facilitating and making those around him better. LeBron has gotten his team to the NBA finals in all but what 2 or 3 seasons that he has played?

6 hours ago, Bert said:

I'm not sure I buy that Bo would have been a sure fire MLB Hall of Famer. He was roughly a .250 hitter, who's best two seasons he it .256 and .272. He also only hit 30 home runs once, and only had over 100 rbi once. One top 10 MVP finish (10th). So he was barely a top 10 player for maybe one year. Maybe one of the most exciting players, but not one of the best, and certainly not an HOF'er. Obviously, who knows what would have happened if he hadn't gotten hurt. But ultimately playing both sports might have kept him out of both HOF's. 

As far as Brady vs Lebron, it's hard for me to pick. I lean toward Brady, because no one in the modern era of football has even come close to what he's accomplished. But Lebron can make the same argument, as really only Kareem did it in the modern era (Jones and Russell's career ended before the 1970's). What's also amazing about Brady is he reached half of his SB's after the age of 37.