Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 81 Bracken County 64

Featured Replies

Final in the 10th Region All-A tournament per the Scoreboard.   

I am heartbroken. These kids have been dreaming of an All A title since they were babies. Polar Bear Blue runs deep in their blood and they had their sights set. But alas, adults want to punish children because they wish they were us! Small towns never get the respect they deserve.

I’ll tell you. This was a sham. Hard for a coach to win when the game is 8 v 5, people are getting asked to leave the game, and nothing goes your way. I watched online, but was getting full reports on the shenanigans from inside sources. When we go to an away game I’m used to us getting hosed. Coach Reed doesn’t get favorable treatment anywhere, but this was beyond the pale.

I don’t have the stats. I’ll watch film all day and find 100 errors. They were out to get us. After Coach Reed and our boys.

If the Honcho had been granted a ticket by the overlords who want to limit crowd size I would have been the loudest in the gym. Can’t let the Refs decide a game like that.

Now it’s time to set our sights on our next goal. Drawing the right pill at the district (UGH!) and making it to the Region! Reed will have us Region Ready and the Fieldhouse will be much friendlier confines!

The Brossart Mustangs advance to the championship game of the 2021 10th Region All "A" Classic Tournament for the third straight season, in quest of a 10th "A" Championship three-peat on the merits of this 81-64 semi-finals win over the Bracken County Polar Bears.

Bracken County outplayed us in the first quarter, leading 13-10 at the quarter stop, which saw Coach Scott Code be forced to call a "momentum stemming" time out.  Brossart then outscored the Bears 22-10 in the pivotal second period, giving the home team a ten point advantage at halftime.  The Mustangs would maintain that lead and build on it throughout the second half, utilizing the free-throw line to hold the visitors at bay, posting our third win of the season against a single loss, and advancing to the Thursday night finals. 

While the Mustangs had a sizable advantage from the charity stripe, the Bears outshot the Mustangs 10-6 from beyond the arc.

Blake Reed led all scorers with 33 points for the Bears, despite Stephen Verst scoring a career high 30 points on the night.  Two other Mustangs, Sophomore Mason Sepate (16) and David Govan (15) recorded double-figures.  Cayden Reed, the 1A half of the Brothers Reed coupled entry added 11 for the Polar Bears.

       

6 hours ago, MikeHonchoLives said:

I am heartbroken. These kids have been dreaming of an All A title since they were babies. Polar Bear Blue runs deep in their blood and they had their sights set. But alas, adults want to punish children because they wish they were us! Small towns never get the respect they deserve.

I’ll tell you. This was a sham. Hard for a coach to win when the game is 8 v 5, people are getting asked to leave the game, and nothing goes your way. I watched online, but was getting full reports on the shenanigans from inside sources. When we go to an away game I’m used to us getting hosed. Coach Reed doesn’t get favorable treatment anywhere, but this was beyond the pale.

I don’t have the stats. I’ll watch film all day and find 100 errors. They were out to get us. After Coach Reed and our boys.

If the Honcho had been granted a ticket by the overlords who want to limit crowd size I would have been the loudest in the gym. Can’t let the Refs decide a game like that.

Now it’s time to set our sights on our next goal. Drawing the right pill at the district (UGH!) and making it to the Region! Reed will have us Region Ready and the Fieldhouse will be much friendlier confines!

That's funny, I know a team from the 16 region said the same thing about playing on Bracken County's home floor last year, So what goes around comes around.

The point folks miss is that all (most) of the teams in the 10th Region use Bluegrass Officials.  

None of us have any control of who is assigned to our games.  Nothing says that the same trio who worked the Brossart-Bracken County game last night, might end up in Brooksville next week doing a Bracken County game.

Quality officiating relates closely to quality of play.  Poor play quality leads to multiple choice officiating, and the outcome, plus the fact that the team being considered the victims here, were trailing, and were forced to foul, results in a myriad of free-throws being shot.  On this night in the second half, the Mustangs shot 89% from the free throw line giving the impression that a large discrepancy existed in that area.  

17 hours ago, Mustang said:

The point folks miss is that all (most) of the teams in the 10th Region use Bluegrass Officials.  

None of us have any control of who is assigned to our games.  Nothing says that the same trio who worked the Brossart-Bracken County game last night, might end up in Brooksville next week doing a Bracken County game.

Quality officiating relates closely to quality of play.  Poor play quality leads to multiple choice officiating, and the outcome, plus the fact that the team being considered the victims here, were trailing, and were forced to foul, results in a myriad of free-throws being shot.  On this night in the second half, the Mustangs shot 89% from the free throw line giving the impression that a large discrepancy existed in that area.  

Even Coach Reed disagrees with you. He said it on his facebook before it got CENSORED that the refs seem like they're ALWAYS against him.

And they are. The foul disparity is there. 43-13 is not even defensible! And the TAUNTING from BB. Two teams shouldn't be this far apart. Refs have had It out for the Polar Bears forever, especially now that Coach Reed is on our sideline!

22 hours ago, MikeHonchoLives said:

Even Coach Reed disagrees with you. He said it on his facebook before it got CENSORED that the refs seem like they're ALWAYS against him.

And they are. The foul disparity is there. 43-13 is not even defensible! And the TAUNTING from BB. Two teams shouldn't be this far apart. Refs have had It out for the Polar Bears forever, especially now that Coach Reed is on our sideline!

Why is this conspiracy?

On 1/14/2021 at 9:38 AM, Can'tcoach said:

Why is this conspiracy?

I wish I knew. I wish I knew.

We’ve been the enemy since Hammonds was manning the sidelines. 
 

Jealousy I presume.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.