Potential Draft picks/Strategy

Everything can change depending on how free agency goes. If they truly do go out and sign some top OL, then it truly does open the draft up for them at five. With that said, even if they do add top guys in free agency on the line, if Sewell is still there, I would still take him. 

This is how I would want it to go. If Sewell is there, then you take him. If he is not there, then try to trade back. Then you still could get Slater or Darrisaw. If and only if Sewell is gone, and you can’t trade back. Then you consider taking a WR like Chase. 

• Like 1

Just now, futurecoach said:

Everything can change depending on how free agency goes. If they truly do go out and sign some top OL, then it truly does open the draft up for them at five. With that said, even if they do add top guys in free agency on the line, if Sewell is still there, I would still take him. 

This is how I would want it to go. If Sewell is there, then you take him. If he is not there, then try to trade back. Then you still could get Slater or Darrisaw. If and only if Sewell is gone, and you can’t trade back. Then you consider taking a WR like Chase. 

I honestly hate doing mock drafts before the combine, pro days, and free agency. So much will change after all that. However, I was bored last night and decided to do one. 

Sewell was already gone at 5, so I traded back to 7 and got an extra 2nd round pick. Slater then ended up going at 6, and decided to trade back again to 19. Was able to pick up another 2nd rounder and a first rounder for 2022. Unfortunately Darrisaw went the pick before at 18. So I decided to go BPA and focus on fixing the DL with that pick. 

Here is the rest of the draft. My focus was fixing both OL and DL, and getting speed at WR. (No way some of these guys fall this far in the actual draft, but they were available here.)

E4AE3C92-B620-49B2-9064-9E9019B01E17.png

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Have seen video of him pancaking 1st round d-line picks that make me think he is can't miss on the talent side. His attitude, drive, character will determine if he maximizes the talent.

Those are always the hardest traits to determine aren’t they??!!

• Like 1