Final KY 2020 MaxPreps ratings

Tigerpride94

On 12/25/2020 at 10:56 PM, BWTigers said:

Disagree. CCH beat Beechwood early in the year by a last second FG. I believe Beechwood was playing at a different level at the end of the year and would have beat CCH in a rematch if it was played later.

Nah-CCH just couldn’t a get out of their own way against BG with 6 turnovers mainly in their own territory with multiple injuries and still held them to only 3 TDS. 2 of them were inside the 5. Most defenses would have had a running clock put on them with the position they were put in. It just wasn’t their night. Beechwood has a great year, and in my opinion may be even better next year.

• Like 1

CalPreps/MaxPreps caps all win margins at a 35 points  Combine that with a "short schedule" that Male was forced to play, and you come up with a rating lower than it should have been due to the wins over weaker level teams being capped at 35-point wins in the computer. The disparity in number of games played made it difficult for any rating system to be accurate in 2020 but MaxPreps likely was better than the KHSAA RPI which had Franklin Co at #7 in 4A, BG at #5 in 5A, Male at #5 in 5A, Manual at #9 in 6A, and St. X at #10 in 6A when the playoffs began.  

2 minutes ago, Bear3 said:

CalPreps/MaxPreps caps all win margins at a 35 points  Combine that with a "short schedule" that Male was forced to play, and you come up with a rating lower than it should have been due to the wins over weaker level teams being capped at 35-point wins in the computer. The disparity in number of games played made it difficult for any rating system to be accurate in 2020 but MaxPreps likely was better than the KHSAA RPI which had Franklin Co at #7 in 4A, BG at #5 in 5A, Male at #5 in 5A, Manual at #9 in 6A, and St. X at #10 in 6A when the playoffs began.  

I agree. I think Manual way undervalued due to lack of games. They played LaSalle (OH) tough and lost to St.X on hail mary. Last year, they lost to Male by 1 and returned most of team. I think they are easily a top 10 team.