Dan Woolley and Tom Roell out at Scott HS

Brcatz

Offensive guru and Assistant coach Dan Woolley and 22 year Defensive Assistant Tom Roell have parted ways at Scott High. Not sure on the reasons or details but saw the posting on Scott’s Facebook page.  
Also for reference Scott leads the state in all classes with passing yards per game and top rated QB with Jr. Gus Howlett. Top 5 receiver JR. Cam Patterson and FG Kicker/Punter Luke Iden. 

• Thanks 1

After the disappointing season in Taylor Mill, this was inevitable. Always thought it was odd that Coach Turner retained some of the previous staff, especially the previous head coach. More often than not, that's a recipe for disaster. Good luck to all moving forward. 

Sounds like the first bit of order in Eagle-land next season is moving on from a flag football offense and developing a running game/more balanced offense. 

I've heard more than a few times that Woolley is hoping to follow up Rash at Beechwood when the time comes that Rash retires. Seems like making his way onto the staff in Ft Mitchell would be a good start if Woolley is hoping for that job. I thought I heard at some point last year that he was on Beechwood's, or at least tried to get a job on it. Then the next thing I knew he was back as an assistant coach where he had just quit as head coach.

Tom Roell is a great guy. Absolute salt of the earth.

4 hours ago, The Oracle said:

I've heard more than a few times that Woolley is hoping to follow up Rash at Beechwood when the time comes that Rash retires. Seems like making his way onto the staff in Ft Mitchell would be a good start if Woolley is hoping for that job. I thought I heard at some point last year that he was on Beechwood's, or at least tried to get a job on it. Then the next thing I knew he was back as an assistant coach where he had just quit as head coach.

Tom Roell is a great guy. Absolute salt of the earth.

So who, exactly, leaves the current staff in order to make room for Woolley? After all--the current staff (nearly all) has been together since Coach Rash got the job. Not to mention--they have been pretty solid during that time period. Nothing against Woolley--but who's place does he take? 

6 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

So who, exactly, leaves the current staff in order to make room for Woolley? After all--the current staff (nearly all) has been together since Coach Rash got the job. Not to mention--they have been pretty solid during that time period. Nothing against Woolley--but who's place does he take? 

Not alleging that Woolley is bound for Beechwood at this exact point. But yeah, I think your question about who would leave the current staff at Beechwood is exactly why he ended up back at Scott this past season.

I'm confident he's applying at Highlands. Why wouldn't he? But I'm also pretty confident Highlands won't hire him.

The story goes Coach Woolley stepped down as HC to spend more time with his family. He probably about hit the ceiling at Scott. So time with his family to enjoy in recharge made/makes sense. I believe Turner asked him to stay. They’ve known each other for a long time and I’m sure getting in building staff is difficult. I’d be surprised if he is looking currently for another HC position. Past the experience of interviewing at HHS I’m not sure why he would apply. 

• 2 months later...