Christian Academy of Louisville at Glasgow Predictions/Updates (3A Playoffs)

Centurions vs. Scotties  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2020 at 12:00 AM

Defense leads Centurions and Scotties to quarterfinal clash

CAL exacted a little revenge on Mercer County in Round 2. The Centurions landed a couple of haymakers on long touchdown passes and put the clamps down defensively on the Titans, holding them to seven points after allowing 31 in their first encounter.

Glasgow pulled a similar reversal on Taylor County, turning a 35-15 loss to the Cardinals in the regular season into a 14-0 shutout victory to win the district. The Scotties turned in a defensive gem, holding 3A's leading rusher Wes Oliver to just 79 yards.

With the current form displayed by both defenses, this has the makings of a low scoring, old fashioned, cold weather struggle. One or two big plays could make all the difference, as was the case in CAL's win over Mercer County.

4oijjl.thumb.jpg.3b912c70b4fb326be38b99297133ba0e.jpg

I don't know much about Glasgow, but I really like what CAL brings to the table right now: Great QB play with a reliable corp of receivers, a big, physical running back that can wear down an opposing defense, and a defense that's rock solid at all three levels. I feel good about where the Centurions are at right now.

Hoping for a great game from both sides, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

I don't know much about Glasgow, but I really like what CAL brings to the table right now: Great QB play with a reliable corp of receivers, a big, physical running back that can wear down an opposing defense, and a defense that's rock solid at all three levels. I feel good about where the Centurions are at right now.

Hoping for a great game from both sides, though.

Glasgow was a spread team to start the year who passed and ran about equally. Midway through the year they went to a triple option team after losing their starting quarterback and having to replace him with a freshman. Their starting quarterback is back but last week he only played defense and they stuck with the freshman and the triple option because it had been so effective. On defense they stop the run really well they can get beat over the top occasionally because they are ball hawks and go for a lot of interceptions but they have got several interceptions as well. I think you will see them stick with the same game plan Friday night unless they were to get down a couple scores and then they would probably bring the junior back in and throw the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cal has 5 yards rushing but Glasgow’s pass defense has got to guard number 4 he has 4 catches for 180 yards and 3 TDS and that’s been their offense no one has been close to him on those four catches I’m talking no one within 10 yards.