Spin Bike Advice

TheDeuce

15 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Are you adjusting your diet as well?  I think you can lose a quick 10-15lbs by spring if you stay disciplined.

I can lose 10-15 in a couple weeks usually. 

I have cut out "real sodas" (going with Diet or Zero versions) and cut out fast food. Will eventually start on a calorie deficit, but taking baby steps. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I can lose 10-15 in a couple weeks usually. 

I have cut out "real sodas" (going with Diet or Zero versions) and cut out fast food. Will eventually start on a calorie deficit, but taking baby steps. 

Yes sir, I’ve kept 15lbs off consistently for the last 18 months by switching from Dew to Diet Dew.  I drink 2-3 a day.

I think you’re well on your way with your plan, I’m anxious to hear the results by summer.

• Like 1

Just now, John Anthony said:

Yes sir, I’ve kept 15lbs off consistently for the last 18 months by switching from Dew to Diet Diew.  I drink 2-3 a day.

I think you’re well on your way with your plan, I’m anxious to hear the results by summer.

Mt. Dew Zero is great, I like it more than the diet version. Coke Zero is okay and is a decent sub for Coke. 

I have to make adjustments one or two at a time. If I try to jump all the way in I'm never successful. 

Yeah, the diet is where you see your best results come from. My simple diet guide for beginners:

- Not all calories are created equally. Just because 2 bananas may equal 1 Snickers, it doesn't mean they have the same benefit.

- Eat as "real" as you can before you worry about calories. If the ingredients of your food/drinks include multiple scientific concoctions, limit those.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Yeah, the diet is where you see your best results come from. My simple diet guide for beginners:

- Not all calories are created equally. Just because 2 bananas may equal 1 Snickers, it doesn't mean they have the same benefit.

- Eat as "real" as you can before you worry about calories. If the ingredients of your food/drinks include multiple scientific concoctions, limit those.

Lunch is usually what gets me. If I can get in a consistent habit of bringing my lunch to work everyday, that will be a big help. 

6 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I completely agree; it is all about diet. I read an article a couple years ago about how the best way to grocery shop is by only walking/buying from areas along the perimeter of the store because that is where all the "real" foods are. I never really thought about it but it is true; at least at the local places we shop it. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Lunch is usually what gets me. If I can get in a consistent habit of bringing my lunch to work everyday, that will be a big help. 

I have the benefit of going home for lunch, but that is tricky. If you are serious about making an investment into your diet - an investment we should all make! - meal prep on the weekends and have things prepared for the week. It can be a hassle, but well worth the time it takes. Simple things like baking a few chicken breasts and having them ready to grab-and-go can change things in no time.

Just now, bugatti said:

I have the benefit of going home for lunch, but that is tricky. If you are serious about making an investment into your diet - an investment we should all make! - meal prep on the weekends and have things prepared for the week. It can be a hassle, but well worth the time it takes. Simple things like baking a few chicken breasts and having them ready to grab-and-go can change things in no time.

Yeah, I need to sacrifice an hour or so on Sunday and do some meal prep, at least for my lunches. I just hate eating the same thing five days in a row.