Justin Fields

John Anthony

1 hour ago, John Anthony said:

Will go down as the best QB to ever play at OSU.  Save this thread.

Not much Buckeye chat or a ton of football chat this year, just thought I’d give my 2 cents.

You taking him or Lawrence #1 in next year's draft?

Through 3 games Justin Fields has as many TD passes as incomplete passes (11).

For the year, Fields has completed 79-of-90 passes for 908 yards and 11 touchdowns. The Buckeyes are 3-0 with wins over Nebraska, Penn State and Rutgers. Fields has also accounted for 2 rushing touchdowns.

OSU isn’t as good as last year but Fields is insane.

2 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Will go down as the best QB to ever play at OSU.  Save this thread.

Not much Buckeye chat or a ton of football chat this year, just thought I’d give my 2 cents.

Fields is amazing and will definitely be the Heisman winner, and does have a true chance to be the top overall pick. He is so good. 

Quite honestly OSU will need him to end up being a good NFL QB too. Because if someone as talented as him, also ends up not being much of a NFL QB. Then it will show it is the system that makes all the QBs who play there look great. He definitely has the best chance to break that trend though, he is great. 

• Like 1

Justin Fields has an 87.3% completion percentage up at Ohio State.Only 3.6% of his passes have been off target, 94.5% were catchable pass attempts

13.3% TD/Pass attempt

12.6 yards per completion

908 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT

He’s also:

Highest passer rating on throws 20+ yards downfield in Wk 10

1. Justin Fields, Ohio St - 143.8
2. Kedon Slovis, USC - 135.4
3. D'Eriq King, Miami - 132.2
4. Michael Penix Jr, Indiana - 125.8

No way this is sustainable right?

@futurecoach @GrantNKY

9 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Justin Fields has an 87.3% completion percentage up at Ohio State.Only 3.6% of his passes have been off target, 94.5% were catchable pass attempts

13.3% TD/Pass attempt

908 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT

He’s also:

@futurecoach @GrantNKY

It is probably not sustainable in terms of this out of the world numbers. Especially when you look at the fact that OSU has played 3 teams, and those 3 teams have a combined total of 1 win on the season. 

However, their Big 10 schedule isn’t the toughest. The way it looks their toughest games they will play in the Big 10 this year is Maryland and Indiana. Yes,  Maryland and Indiana will be their toughest games. Which both teams are surprisingly solid this season, it still won’t tell us much about them. I think OSU brings Indiana back down to earth, and Maryland could be interesting though with their QB. 

He may not stay at 87% completion percentage, but I do think he will end the year in high 70s, which is amazing. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

13.3% TD/Pass attempt

908 yards, 11 TD, 0 INT

He’s also:

@futurecoach @GrantNKY

I was telling anyone who would listen that the best receiver duo in the country were Olave and Wilson. I think that’s holding true right now. It’s so similar to the LSU offense last year with Jefferson and Chase. As impressive as Fields has played and he’s made some high level NFL throws this year, he will be able to maintain this level of play imo because of those 2 guys. Nobody can cover them. Plus you add in how Ruckert is turning in to one of the biggest red zone threats in the country. Fields makes it look so easy. 

• Like 1