Cincinnati Football Recruiting 2022

Walter

On 3/10/2021 at 11:20 PM, John Anthony said:

4-star QB Drew Allar has committed to Penn State. The 6’5”, 220 lb. passer is the highest-rated quarterback to commit to PSU in the James Franklin era.

Bummed out, man I wanted him at UC he was interested before people realized how good he was, I tried to tip you all off @Walter!

Kid definitely blew up over the past few months.  Good call. He's now a consensus 4* and top 100 by 247.

UC is all in on Wimsatt as their '22 QB. Guessing that's why they never went after Allar. Or they didn't feel he was a good fit for their RPO offense. 

If UC misses on Wimsatt, I'm guessing they maybe shift their focus to Mekhi Lynn from Princeton or Tayven Jackson out of Indiana. 

• Like 1

@John Anthony Rutgers getting a lot of "crystal ball predictions" to land Wimsatt. Looking like it might come down to them and UC... Mom didn't appreciate all the negative recruiting UK/Marrow was doing against the competition so sounding like they're probably out. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Walter said:

@John Anthony Rutgers getting a lot of "crystal ball predictions" to land Wimsatt. Looking like it might come down to them and UC... Mom didn't appreciate all the negative recruiting UK/Marrow was doing against the competition so sounding like they're probably out. 

Wow that’s big... has he done an official to UK?  I’ve talked to UK recruits, nobody throws a better bachelor style party, all within the rules of course.  That would he a heck of a pull for Schiano.  You’re right I asked my people and Rutgers is the clear leader.  Will it hold?

19 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Wow that’s big... has he done an official to UK?  I’ve talked to UK recruits, nobody throws a better bachelor style party, all within the rules of course.  That would he a heck of a pull for Schiano.  You’re right I asked my people and Rutgers is the clear leader.  Will it hold?

Mom and Gavin had an academic meeting with UC on Monday and came away impressed with how prepared they were with all of her questions. They have another meeting set up for this week that's more football related. 

As far as UK goes, it sounds like they constantly trashed the other schools he's considering and that really turned her off with them. That, and reports that he wants to leave the state seem to be true. My understanding is him considering them has/had more to do with outside influences wanting him to stay home. 

Gavin is a tough one to get a read on from everything I've seen from different outlets. Original plan was for him to visit Georgia Tech during Spring break then make a decision after. Hopefully we know something by the end of April. Dead period ends June 1st so I could see him waiting til after that and taking his officials then committing. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John Anthony said:

It’s about time!!!

That June 18-20 weekend is the first "big" recruiting weekend on campus for UC. 

Saw other schools are starting first weekend in June with dead period ending May 31st.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, John Anthony said:

Wimsatt just committed to Rutgers.

Alex Afari deciding May 7th. 

• Like 1