Cincinnati Football Recruiting 2022

Walter

Just now, Walter said:

Benefiting UC so I'm all for OSU continuing the national approach. 

Insane how well Day is recruiting, we just landed the #1 receiver in the country for the second straight year.

Certainly benefits the Bearcats!  I’m surprised you guys aren’t looking at Drew Allar from Medina.

4 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Certainly benefits the Bearcats!  I’m surprised you guys aren’t looking at Drew Allar from Medina.

I think they're going after someone rated higher than him in the 22 class but honestly haven't heard any names come up yet. 

Prater will be a red shirt Soph when that class gets on campus and they are getting ready to sign 1st team all state QB Brady Lichtenberg. 

Screenshot_20201212-004043~2.png

13 hours ago, John Anthony said:

I’m surprised you guys aren’t looking at Drew Allar from Medina.

Chad Mascoe... He's apart of that 7 on 7 "Savage 7" squad out of Houston that Mumu, Bobo Masters, and Melvin Jordan play for. 

He's smaller than most QB's UC/Gino have targeted during the Fick era, but could be a name to track based on his relationship with current commits. 

Screenshot_20201212-094254~2.png

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Chad Mascoe... He's apart of that 7 on 7 "Savage 7" squad out of Houston that Mumu, Bobo Masters, and Melvin Jordan play for. 

He's smaller than most QB's UC/Gino have targeted during the Fick era, but could be a name to track based on his relationship with current commits. 

Screenshot_20201212-094254~2.png

Interesting, Allar just picked up Iowa and Iowa State offers.  I think Gino is overlooking him, 6’5” with a big arm. They switched to an air raid, 5 wide offense for him this year.  Reminds me of Connor Bazelak who slipped out of Dayton, to Mizzu.

6 hours ago, John Anthony said:

Interesting, Allar just picked up Iowa and Iowa State offers.  I think Gino is overlooking him, 6’5” with a big arm. They switched to an air raid, 5 wide offense for him this year.  Reminds me of Connor Bazelak who slipped out of Dayton, to Mizzu.

Watched some video of him after you mentioned his name and liked what I saw. Not sure he would be a good fit in the RPO offense that this Staff wants to run, but whoever gets him is going to get a really good QB.

GT had the director of Scouting Ohio on a podcast not too long ago and he was really high on Lichtenberg. Said he reminds him a lot of Joe Burrow in HS without the hype. I think with him and Prater on the roster, they have the ability to be selective with the '22 QB spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Watched some video of him after you mentioned his name and liked what I saw. Not sure he would be a good fit in the RPO offense that this Staff wants to run, but whoever gets him is going to get a really good QB.

GT had the director of Scouting Ohio on a podcast not too long ago and he was really high on Lichtenberg. Said he reminds him a lot of Joe Burrow in HS without the hype. I think with him and Prater on the roster, they have the ability to be selective with the '22 QB spot.

Great point let’s be honest, Prater is the future.  Drew said he’s talking to Pitt, West Virginia, UC, Michigan and OSU somewhat right now. I think UC could make a play if they want him.  He wants academics first as well, great kid.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 9:40 PM, John Anthony said:

Great point let’s be honest, Prater is the future.  Drew said he’s talking to Pitt, West Virginia, UC, Michigan and OSU somewhat right now. I think UC could make a play if they want him.  He wants academics first as well, great kid.

Not sure how I forgot about AJ Duffy but that is another one that UC has shown interest in. Probably a long shot but he recently released a Top 15 (lol) and UC was included.

Screenshot_20201214-094258~2.png

Screenshot_20201214-094408~2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think Randy "Bobo" Masters probably ends up de-committing at some point too. Have heard he's likely going to have to take the JUCO route and Mumu was a big reason why he committed as quickly as he did to begin with.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:38 AM, Walter said:

I think Randy "Bobo" Masters probably ends up de-committing at some point too. Have heard he's likely going to have to take the JUCO route and Mumu was a big reason why he committed as quickly as he did to begin with.

As expected... Bobo de-committed, along with Melvin Jordan. All three were apart of the "Savage 7" group that Mumu recruited to UC.

• 4 weeks later...