9th region predictions

Endoftime, even though I don't know coach Kaiser personally she seems like a class act. You certainly must love the game of volleyball and the art of coaching to last thirty years at the same program. There are other examples around Northern Kentucky of coaches lasting long times at the same program. I believe The  coach at Ryle has been there quite sometime also. Since my daughter played in the early 2000's, there has been a total of six different coaches at NDA. Obviously, these coaches didn't last because they didn't win. There must be something about the culture that makes these coaches want to leave or are asked to leave a program with such a storied history of winning. Anyway getting back to the real reason for this thread, I expect NDA to get past Ryle despite Ryle's best efforts. Lucy Trump is fun to watch and she will need to bring everything she has to the floor tonight for Ryle to shock the 9th region. 

Deep state, you taken on a somewhat sanctimonious tone that seems unwarranted.  What should have occurred is the tournament administrators and coaches should have made a minor adjustment to the tournament schedule, which would have ameliorated this whole situation. This is exactly the logical remedy that is inferred by the KHSAA guidance statements from 10/7 and 10/12 addressing the need to be flexible in scheduling/seeding for post-season tournament. Despite whatever the motivation was, the failure to do is contrary to the letter and spirit of the KHSAA guidance, as detailed below.

I agree 100 percent with everything stated above with regard to Maureen as coach and person, as well as the class she exhibited in advocating for the accommodation that should have be given per the KHSAA guidance statements. As a competitor, I am sure this was partially motivated by the desire to compete and win against her rival at their best. As a coach and mentor to high school volleyball players, I am sure she was also motivated by the inherent absurdity of the unwillingness to even consider an accommodation during a pandemic and effectively end the high school careers of many of these girls.  

https://khsaa.org/10-07-20-extension-of-deadline-to-play-seeded-district-games-so-vb-and-revised-tie-breaker/

"...all of us involved in any way with education have been advised to be nimble to pivot from past plans during this pandemic"

"[t]here is a huge difference between the situation of not wanting to play or perhaps lose because of injuries or specific players missing due to isolation, quarantine and an entire team or program being shut down due to quarantine." 

https://khsaa.org/10-12-20-postseason-situations-and-questions/

"In the vast majority of cases, the schools have worked cooperatively but in more than one situation, it is somewhat obvious that competitive advantages have been in the back of people’s minds in discussions."

"The key thing we have emphasized to people is to make the same decisions you would make on the Monday night before the state football finals or the Sweet Sixteen. When put in that perspective, they will find an answer."

• Like 2

If anyone chooses to read my past threads on volleyball, I have been an unbiased representative of mostly region 9 volleyball. I have been fair and objective. The tide turned for me when I was asked if I wanted to change my picks for the tournament by Colonelfan after NDA won the first round game. Little did I know that the rules would change overnight into Tuesday. If you read the article about coach Kaiser, St. Henry was fully expecting to play the NDA JV team.  My predictions were based on St.Henry playing NDA JV. I was called out by a Panda/Colonel loving colonelfan. I was then called out by Vballtalk who must be the authority on everything COVID-19 related. Vballtalk must also have direct knowledge of video that allowed NDA to have "self quarantined" themselves. This self quarantine must be part of their "higher standards." I wonder if NDA would have drawn Newport Central Catholic or Holy Cross in the first round if their varsity would have played that first round game. Seems awfully convenient that they were amazingly allowed to play on Tuesday. Obviously, Coach Kaiser from ST. Henry was planning on playing the JV from NDA as late as Monday evening. I also heard that the NDA team did not go to school on Tuesday and had a practice on Monday night. I do not know this for sure but that is what I have heard. If this is true, I wonder if any of the other teams in the tournament could have missed school on Tuesday and still played. I am not bitter. I only want every team to play by the same rules. We may disagree on whether or not rules were broken. I believe rules were at the very least bent if not fully broken. Vballtalk, I hope your Pandas represent the 9th region well down state. I also hope that each team plays by the same rules this year and in the years to come. To quote Vballtalk "Jesus love us." Over and out! I will not comment on this post again but I do look forward to any comments that are positive or negative. It's about time people take an interest in something other than football or boys basketball on BGP's!

Please don't comment again on this, because your perpetuating some rumors that aren't true. To suggest that there was a competitive disadvantage bc SH was expecting to play NDAs JV is absurd, and I would bet Maureen agree. But if it makes you feel better you can put an asterisk on this year's 9th Region tournament.