9th region predictions

My bracket was based on the fact that NDA was being quarantined to Wednesday. The fact that somehow NDA was reinstated at the last minute            seems unfair to this outsider.  Colonel-fan your favoritism to NDA and Cov Cath is obvious. I am just an unbiased volleyball fan looking to watch high quality volleyball in person. Hopefully next year I will be able to buy a ticket and watch in person. May the best team that follows the rules that everyone else has to win the region. May that team bring home the hardware that Northern Kentucky longs for. 

10 hours ago, Deep state said:

My bracket was based on the fact that NDA was being quarantined to Wednesday. The fact that somehow NDA was reinstated at the last minute            seems unfair to this outsider.  Colonel-fan your favoritism to NDA and Cov Cath is obvious. I am just an unbiased volleyball fan looking to watch high quality volleyball in person. Hopefully next year I will be able to buy a ticket and watch in person. May the best team that follows the rules that everyone else has to win the region. May that team bring home the hardware that Northern Kentucky longs for. 

My user name is a rather obvious clue about who I root for. No secret there. That said, I pull for all the local teams against down state teams.

You seem to have had incorrect assumptions/information about how long the NDA varsity was going to be out. Seems all rules were followed or they would not have been allowed to play last night.

Based on the volleyball draw this year, the 9th Region winner has a really good chance of making the championship game. We will see how that game plays out if that happens.

Colonel-fan your wrong. NDA was supposed to be quarantined until Wednesday October 28th due to the fact that the head coach tested positive for COVID-19. According to CDC guidelines the 14 day quarantine ended on Wednesday the 28th. The diocesan guidelines are the same for all the other private schools in the tournament. The same would be true of the public schools from Boone County if the board of education were to quarantine a team. 14 days is 14 days! Due to the fact that NDA is technically not part of the diocese of Covington, the Nuns that run the school ruled that they could play on Tuesday. I am sure there was plenty of arm twisting to get this approved by the Nuns! That is why NDA plays by a different set off rules. No other school has a get of jail early card that can be played at any convenient time. Is there any wonder why NDA is disliked  by so many? In the past, I have defended NDA and their program. I actually have a daughter who played volleyball and graduated from NDA.  I, most likely, will have to change my stance on NDA.  My information is accurate and on point!

16 hours ago, Deep state said:

You don't come across as an unbiased fan.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Deep state said:

Tones, I was unbiased until today. NDA not having to follow the rules that all other schools follow is sending the wrong message to young adults. I would hope you would agree.

I tend to agree with you but there is a piece of the puzzle that you may be missing. Coach Maureen from SHDHS agreed to move the match to today so NDA Varsity could play. The rest of the coaches in the tourney needed to agree and none did. Obviously, their right to do so. However, the KHSAA COVID guidelines state "As an association, we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate the competing school with rescheduling any contest provided that such rescheduled dates do not adversely affect the next round of the tournament. This will require constant contact between the various districts and likely consideration of difficult alternatives." 
https://khsaa.org/10-12-20-postseason-situations-and-questions/

I guess one could argue that it would have adversely impacted the next round  - but one could also argue that the tournament could have easily been pushed  back a day or the NDA/SHDHS match could have been played first and then the winner play (as scheduled) tonight at 8:00. Thus, a "difficult alternative" as described in the KHSAA guidelines.   These athletes play multiple matches in a day during club and high school tournaments. Only the two teams (who agreed to delay the match) would have been impacted  

I think on its face, you are right and even according to KHSAA guidelines should have had to wait until today but I bet there was more going on behind the scenes. One could assume the KHSAA Volleyball commissioner was involved and maybe other conversations we probably do not know about. I can't imagine a group of coaches who didn't agree to the one day delay, not reporting NDA to the KHSAA.  

Deep State your facts are incorrect. NDA was never quarantined by the KHSAA, CDC, or the health dept. They were placed in a precautionary quarantine by NDA. None of the players were in close contact (within 6’ for 15 minutes cumulative in a 24 hour period - those are CDC guidelines) of the coach who tested positive. This was confirmed with the video of the match. As such, their quarantine ended at the end of the school day on the 14th day of quarantine. Even if it was a CDC quarantine, they would have been released in time for the 8:00 match. CDC quarantines are down to the minute. Meaning if your last close contact was at noon on, you’d be out of quarantine at noon on day 14. But that’s irrelevant. They never should have been quarantined, just like their opponents in the match were never quarantined. What you did get right is that NDA does have different rules. NDA’s rules are more stringent than everyone else’s. Your information was in fact, inaccurate and not on point. Now you have the correct info. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vbtalk said:

Deep State your facts are incorrect. NDA was never quarantined by the KHSAA, CDC, or the health dept. They were placed in a precautionary quarantine by NDA. None of the players were in close contact (within 6’ for 15 minutes cumulative in a 24 hour period - those are CDC guidelines) of the coach who tested positive. This was confirmed with the video of the match. As such, their quarantine ended at the end of the school day on the 14th day of quarantine. Even if it was a CDC quarantine, they would have been released in time for the 8:00 match. CDC quarantines are down to the minute. Meaning if your last close contact was at noon on, you’d be out of quarantine at noon on day 14. But that’s irrelevant. They never should have been quarantined, just like their opponents in the match were never quarantined. What you did get right is that NDA does have different rules. NDA’s rules are more stringent than everyone else’s. Your information was in fact, inaccurate and not on point. Now you have the correct info. 

Thanks for sharing that.

Vballtalk, I find your explanation and statements hard to believe. So you are saying that, not a single player was within six feet of the coach for a cumulative of 15 minutes within a 24 hour period. Does the video include a 15 minute period of warmups and most likely close to an hour match. Assuming that Ryle used all 6 of their time outs during the three set match, that would be 12 minutes in a huddle listening to the coach. I am also assuming that NDA did not call a single timeout in the entire match. It doesn't take too long to accumulate 15 minutes of 6ft contact within a 24 hour period. Obviously, you are in close contact with someone at NDA to have access to game tape or video. I am sure that a lot of people reading this back and forth conversation would like to see that video. Your statement is at very best a stretch of the truth and more likely a flat out lie. Simply put, NDA got away with something that no other school could have or should have.

After researching your statement that this is all irrelevant in regards to the 8:00 time frame. The first Round game with St. Henry stated at 5:30 on the 27th. So it is relevant in regards to time. If CDC guidelines are truly down to the minute, NDA would have been 150 minutes too early to be out of quarantine. So much for your down to the minute statement. 

1. Your lack of acceptance of the facts does not affect the factuality in any way. 
2. the video does include the warmups, NDA’s warmups are player led, not coach led

3. timeouts are 1 minute, not 2 minutes. That minute includes leaving the court and getting back on the court. 
4. There are maybe 3-4 athletes at most within 6 ft of the coach during the 1 minute timeout, and it’s not usually the same players in each timeout. 
5. you don’t know me or anything about me and calling me a liar still doesn’t change the facts. You can admit you jumped to conclusions, that would be the right thing to do. 
6.  You have clearly made up your mind and knowing the facts won’t change that. That makes me sad for you. 
7. Jesus loves you, still. 

https://www.yoursportsedge.com/2020/10/26/st-henry-volleyball-coach-maureen-kaiser-knows-high-school-sports-are-about-more-than-winning/?fbclid=IwAR20ug_gVKWEW5wVJ2k5qZxUtb8ieHm5C_DbDlwQhqF8gvutECXkoOytAzk 
According to this, published on Monday October 26 (day before the match), she was expecting to play NDA JV team. This chronicles what I posted above about her offer to delay the tournament to be able to play NDA varsity. Pretty much shows why a coach like Kaiser lasts 30 years and a school like NDA can't keep one more than a few at a time. Seems culture may be an issue - winning isn't everything - especially when you cheat the system.