2020 Mr. Football Watchlist (10/20)

54 minutes ago, Nathaniel Bryan said:

I'm trying to figure out why we're pushing him.

He has the accuracy going for him.

Not the most mobile QB (see Belfry or Henderson).

Not the most TDs or best TD/Int (see Brady Clark of Bardstown, whose numbers are nuts for an unbeaten team from a bigger school).

Not the most passing yards per game (Broyles of Franklin would dwarf him if played same amount of games).

Not the best record or biggest school or toughest schedule (Another QB close by, Jacob, has him beat in all 3).

As far as SOS? You all didn't seem to think that highly of Ryle or Dixie Heights when 1-3 and just blasted by 30 Fern Creek jumped them in 6A rankings.

Not the best college offers, even if just limited to senior QBs.

Yet, somehow his combination is a frontrunner and pulling away? You think anyone West of 75 believes that?

I have no problem with him getting all-state votes.

I have no problem with him being KFCA Class Mr. Football.

But elite of the elite? Sorry, can't get there.

One question before I even consider wasting my time answering any of this mess -- Have YOU seen him play? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

One question before I even consider wasting my time answering any of this mess -- Have YOU seen him play? 

I've seen video.

Good player.

Should make a college very happy.

You do realize most of the voters are NOT going to have seen him play, right? Because Beechwood has made so many trips to Louisville or the mountains or Lexington or the Purchase.

99 percent of high school players are NOT the elite of the elite. 

And no small feat being a very good high school player -- which he definitely is.

I just have yet to see how he is pulling away when we have kids from bigger schools with better records with similar stats and better offers.

How is he "pulling away" and would you convince a non NKY person of that?