Sign in to follow this  
oldgrappler

In-Depth Analysis of Browns' Loss to Steelers

Any time Baker loses, it's a good day. 

When he loses to the Steelers, it's even better. 

When he loses to Lamar, it's the best. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldgrappler said:

Cleveland was out coached and out played.  

I watched a little bit of it and when Baker threw an interception I thought of you and wondered who the Browns would have as their next QB. 

Also, the Steelers look really good to me this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I watched a little bit of it and when Baker threw an interception I thought of you and wondered who the Browns would have as their next QB. 

Also, the Steelers look really good to me this year. 

I must admit, the same thought crossed my mind regarding QB.  And yes, as much as it hurts me to admit it, the Steelers did look good.  Tomlin welcomed Stefanski to the AFC North and the Browns-Steelers "rivalry."  While Stefanski has looked like he knew what he was doing in previous games, he was completely outclassed as a coach in this game.  Absolutely nothing he did on offense worked.  But, I still have confidence in him as a HC.  I think he has a bright future.  It may include looking for another QB soon.  I think he is a better evaluator of QB talent than previous coaches we've had.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Any time Baker loses, it's a good day. 

When he loses to the Steelers, it's even better. 

When he loses to Lamar, it's the best. 

You really know how to hurt a guy.  😷

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldgrappler said:

I must admit, the same thought crossed my mind regarding QB.  And yes, as much as it hurts me to admit it, the Steelers did look good.  Tomlin welcomed Stefanski to the AFC North and the Browns-Steelers "rivalry."  While Stefanski has looked like he knew what he was doing in previous games, he was completely outclassed as a coach in this game.  Absolutely nothing he did on offense worked.  But, I still have confidence in him as a HC.  I think he has a bright future.  It may include looking for another QB soon.  I think he is a better evaluator of QB talent than previous coaches we've had.  

To add, and it has a Bengals flavor, I know the Bengals are not very good this year but when I flipped on the Browns game I said to myself I am sure glad the Bengals have Joe Burrow and not Baker Mayfield. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

To add, and it has a Bengals flavor, I know the Bengals are not very good this year but when I flipped on the Browns game I said to myself I am sure glad the Bengals have Joe Burrow and not Baker Mayfield. 

I think we know now what we have with Joe Burrow.  Not sure with Baker who is a great talent that appears to be all over the place game to game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, theguru said:

That, too, is a thought I had after that first bone-head interception.  In one sense, the Browns and Bengals have opposite problems on offense.  The Bengals have their QB but the line and other parts are suspect.  The Browns have so many pieces of the offense, but they are waiting for the QB to command the field.  

Mayfield does so much better when he is out of the pocket, but defenses are going to cut those lanes off and he will be forced to throw from inside the pocket.  I think he has trouble seeing the whole field when he is between the tackles.  

• Like 1

One thing that is in the Browns favor that as of today the have the easiest schedule in the NFL for the remainder of the season. Really their next 5 games they should win all 5. Currently the only really tough games remaining are the Titans, Ravens, and Steelers.

Sign in to follow this