BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings (10/5) - Discussion

TheDeuce

Class 2A

Owensboro Catholic fans will tell you 2019 was not expected. The Aces have emerged as a 2A fixture over the years, so a disappointing campaign ending with a 2nd Round loss to McLean County certainly left a sour taste in their mouths. The Aces avenged that loss in dominating fashion and are now one of the fastest risers in Class 2A, if they can somehow upset powerhouse rival Owensboro, they then become a team in the running for the title. Lexington Christian Academy also has a chance to make a move. The Eagles are setting themselves up for a monster RPI value, adding a win over 6A Dunbar most recently, and a last minute addition of Frederick Douglass gives them all the ammo to make the move to the top of the class. Beechwood knows how tough 6A teams can be as they need to rebound quickly after 6A Dixie Heights bested them. Somerset won convincingly over 1A Hazard but did not look sharp, they need to get their bearings together as Danville looks for the first statement in that grueling district. Breathitt County was pushed by Middlesboro but held on to take the catbird seat in their district. For an under the radar game to take note, Lloyd Memorial and Newport seem to be evenly matched and neither want to fall out of District contention.

1. Somerset at #5 Danville

2. Lexington Christian Academy at 5A #2 Frederick Douglass

3. Beechwood vs. Covington Holy Cross

4. Mayfield vs. 3A #9 Paducah Tilghman

5. Danville vs. #1 Somerset

6. West Carter vs. Prestonsburg

7. Breathitt County -- OPEN

8. Caldwell County at 3A Glasgow

9. Owensboro Catholic vs. 5A #5 Owensboro

10. Murray vs. Ballard Memorial

17 minutes ago, Yadi1957 said:

Mayfield Paducah should be the game of the week!

A blowout either way really will tell us something...

With that said, if this is a close game I don't think we come away knowing anything definitive about either team.

2 hours ago, ATLCat said:

A blowout either way really will tell us something...

With that said, if this is a close game I don't think we come away knowing anything definitive about either team.

Neither Mayfield or Owensboro Catholic is in the running for the title unless you mean Region 1 title. It's a 3 team race, only I would have LCA as #1.

On 10/5/2020 at 1:30 PM, snakesnot_2000 said:

...only I would have LCA as #1.

I agree with LCA at one. They've had a tougher schedule and have responded each week.

I'm anxious to see Somerset against Danville. I know the Jumpers are good, but of the four teams they've played (with the exception of Russellville), none are as good as they typically are. I think Danville has improved each week but I'm not certain they are at Somerset's level. We should find out a whole lot this week.

• Like 1