Bengals 33 Jaguars 25

13 minutes ago, Mustang said:

A.J. Green is all about A.J. Green.  

When it's not in A.J.s best interest to play - A.J. doesn't play.

Was it in the Bengals best interest for AJ to play last year?  Let's say he does and the Bengals find themselves a few wins and now miss out on Burrow, that wouldn't have been a good thing for this organization and their fanbase.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Was it in the Bengals best interest for AJ to play last year?  Let's say he does and the Bengals find themselves a few wins and now miss out on Burrow, that wouldn't have been a good thing for this organization and their fanbase.

Creative, and probably accurate, thinking.

4 hours ago, Mustang said:

A.J. Green is all about A.J. Green.  

When it's not in A.J.s best interest to play - A.J. doesn't play.

Green has been here since 2011. I would say you are right about last season. He could have played last season at some point, and he chose to not play basically. 

Let’s not act like that has always been the case. It was basically an only last year thing. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Green has been here since 2011. I would say you are right about last season. He could have played last season at some point, and he chose to not play basically. 

Let’s not act like that has always been the case. It was basically an only last year thing. 

I agree. Read somewhere that A.J. could’ve played the last 3-4 games of the year but why????  And not really sure that was all his decision.  He’s still drawing the other teams best CB which is a help guys.

18 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I agree. Read somewhere that A.J. could’ve played the last 3-4 games of the year but why????  And not really sure that was all his decision.  He’s still drawing the other teams best CB which is a help guys.

Exactly! They also still cheat a safety over top to his way. Now yes obviously he may not be able to get open still like he use to, when teams did that. However, at the moment he still gets the top corner and safety help his way. Which opens things up for guys like Boyd and Higgins. 

Eventually teams may stop doing that. Then we just have to hope Green at least is still good enough to then beat a second or third corner, when he gets singled coverage with no safety help. 

It sucks seeing him not at the same level as he use to be. However, he definitely is still valuable for them.