Do you think Hazard and Raceland are in Panic Mode?

Bac2369

Are Hazard and Raceland in trouble?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are Hazard and Raceland in trouble?

Hazard and Raceland are two of a couple 1A Powers in the Kentucky High School Football system. These teams seem to have been solid programs since we can remember. Hazard over the past 15 years has been to the State Championship 4 times and winning it once in 2011. Raceland was able to get to the carpet 2017 for the first time in school history. So to say these teams haven’t had success would be crazy. These two teams sit here in the 2020 season with 0-2  records. These teams haven’t seen this kind of record since 2004. Taking a look ahead at both of the teams schedule the road doesn’t get any easier. Raceland seems to have two (guaranteed wins, my opinion). They should have 5 toss up games. Taking a look at Hazards schedule they should have one ( guaranteed win in my opinion), and 6 toss ups.

What’s your opinion on this subject? Do these teams have a chance at a playoff run? Or Does there road end in the first or second round of the playoffs. 

5 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Hazard and Raceland are two of a couple 1A Powers in the Kentucky High School Football system. These teams seem to have been solid programs since we can remember. Hazard over the past 15 years has been to the State Championship 4 times and winning it once in 2011. Raceland was able to get to the carpet 2017 for the first time in school history. So to say these teams haven’t had success would be crazy. These two teams sit here in the 2020 season with 0-2  records. These teams haven’t seen this kind of record since 2004. Taking a look ahead at both of the teams schedule the road doesn’t get any easier. Raceland seems to have two (guaranteed wins, my opinion). They should have 5 toss up games. Taking a look at Hazards schedule they should have one ( guaranteed win in my opinion), and 6 toss ups.

What’s your opinion on this subject? Do these teams have a chance at a playoff run? Or Does there road end in the first or second round of the playoffs. 

I don't know about panic mode.  But they are both done in the 2nd round of the playoffs regardless.  Neither one of them have the team to get by Paintsville or Pikeville this season.  

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don't know about panic mode.  But they are both done in the 2nd round of the playoffs regardless.  Neither one of them have the team to get by Paintsville or Pikeville this season.  

I'll agree with you on panic mode. That's a bit extreme this early. But I would caution anyone against making assumptions about Raceland not being able to hang with Paintsville this year. That series has been too competitive for me to hand the district to the Tigers already. Plus, they'll see each other twice. I think that benefits Raceland in a year where we perceive Paintsville as the better of the two.