TheDeuce

BluegrassPreps Class 4A Football Rankings (9/14) - Discussion

Class 4A

Johnson Central and Boyle County wasted little time serving notice that neither team are ready to give up their seat at the head of the table. The Golden Eagles cruised past 3A runner-up Bell County and the Rebels put a running clock on a quality Mercer County squad. Franklin County made sure not to be outdone by laying waste to Anderson County. Central took a week off with the rest of Jefferson County Public Schools, but the Yellowjackets will make the wait worthwhile with a monster showdown with 5A South Warren. Hopkinsville looked impressive in their opener and will look to plant their stake as the team to beat in the west if they can fend off Christian County. Corbin and Wayne County both took heartbreaking losses in their debuts and will each need to get into the win column against quality foes.

1. Johnson Central -- OPEN

2. Boyle County at 3A #3 Christian Academy- Louisville

3. Franklin County vs. 5A Woodford County

4. Central at 5A #5 South Warren

5. Hopkinsville vs. 5A Christian County

6. Corbin vs. 6A Dixie Heights

7. Lexington Catholic vs. 2A #2 Lexington Christian Academy

8. Wayne County at Harlan County

9. Logan County at 5A Greenwood

10. Scott vs. 5A Boone County

Which game against a ranked foe would be the biggest statement in your minds? 

If Corbin loses will it say more about them or their opponent?

32 minutes ago, ATLCat said:

Which game against a ranked foe would be the biggest statement in your minds? 

If Central goes to Bowling Green and comes away with a W over South Warren, look out 4A, we have a three horse race, at minimum. 

• Like 1

Central at SW and Boyle at CAL might give an early glimpse at who might make a deep run.  I wish I could watch both of those games this week. 

Central has the biggest opportunity to make a statement. They don’t necessarily have to win the game, just be very competitive. 

If Corbin loses I think it says more about Dixie Heights. The Cov Cath score made me raise my eyebrows initially thinking what happened to Cov Cath but if DH can win this week then I’ll reconsider my initial thoughts and give DH their due respect. 

• Like 1