Which schools will have sports programs live streaming and/or cash-less?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

13 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Kenton County Schools (Dixie, Scott and Simon Kenton), Meade County, DuPont Manual, Campbell County, and Owensboro Catholic have all said that they're intending to live-stream football and/or fall sports. I don't have any further details on any of them right now, though.

Dixie setup a youtube channel yesterday to stream all fall sports.  Not sure how tickets are going to work other than only 2 tickets per player will be issued.

SK is working on a couple options and will have a test run tomorrow during their girls intrasquad soccer scrimmage.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nees1212 said:

Dixie setup a youtube channel yesterday to stream all fall sports.  Not sure how tickets are going to work other than only 2 tickets per player will be issued.

SK is working on a couple options and will have a test run tomorrow during their girls intrasquad soccer scrimmage.  

Looks like Dixie needs to reach 1000 subscribers in order to be able to have things streaming. Curious, but I guess that's well worth subscribing to the channel for the sake of helping them out. They're currently at 917 subscribers to the channel.

42 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Looks like Dixie needs to reach 1000 subscribers in order to be able to have things streaming. Curious, but I guess that's well worth subscribing to the channel for the sake of helping them out. They're currently at 917 subscribers to the channel.

1000 subscribers is only needed if you're doing a live mobile stream.  I don't know what devices they plan on using for the streaming.

SK looks like each team is trying to roll out youtube channels instead of all working together.  

40 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

1000 subscribers is only needed if you're doing a live mobile stream.  I don't know what devices they plan on using for the streaming.

SK looks like each team is trying to roll out youtube channels instead of all working together.  

1000 is only needed if you want to embed the link on your website.  Just provide a traditional link to YouTube and you can live stream.  We do it for our church now and we don't have 1000 subscribers.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

1000 is only needed if you want to embed the link on your website.  Just provide a traditional link to YouTube and you can live stream.  We do it for our church now and we don't have 1000 subscribers.

Are you all using a webcam or mobile device?

And Dixie hit their 1000 subscribers already.

27 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I know of at least a few churches in NKY that were doing livestream Sunday mass on YouTube with nothing more than an iPhone.

Interesting.  We were looking into this the other day, and all YouTube documentation says you need 1000 subscribers to live stream via a mobile device on Android and IOS platforms.

1 hour ago, nees1212 said:

Are you all using a webcam or mobile device?

And Dixie hit their 1000 subscribers already.

We use a webcam.  Live stream works fine.  We just can't "embed" the video in our website.  We only can provide a link to where the live stream is on YouTube.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:12 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I'm assuming Boyle County will be streaming all of their home games on the Boyle County Sports Network YouTube channel this year?

@Rebel ...any idea?

Information on Boyle and streaming games.  Hearing that right now players only gets tickets to the game and a decision has not been made as if that will be 2 or 4 per player.  Hearing...No cheerleaders, band, or students allowed in.  

For those who can't attend in person, our awesome BCSN crew will be broadcasting games through a pay-per-view service this year. The direct link to Friday's game is attached. We did a "trial run," and it looks like the cost per game will be $5.45.
You can go ahead and set up your online account, and then when you are ready to watch, all you do is login to your account and the video feed begins at the given time!

• Thanks 1

Campbell County:

Campbell County High School along with Campbell Media is happy to announce that varsity football, varsity volleyball, as well as both boys and girls varsity soccer games will be streamed live by Campbell Media on the CamelPride Facebook page, as well as the Campbell Media Facebook page.  Events can also be seen on Spectrum channel 202 and Cincinnati Bell channel 810.  Taped delayed broadcast can be viewed on the Campbell Media App on apple and Roku streaming devices, as well as the Campbell Media Website (http://campbellmedia.org/)