Nachos & Cheese or Nachos & Salsa?

Randy Parker

Nachos & Cheese or Nachos & Salsa?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Nachos & Cheese or Nachos & Salsa?

• Nachos & Cheese?
    • Nachos & Salsa?

If we’re talking ballpark nachos then pass. Those round tortilla chips will have the roof of my mouth raw and my lips chapped for days. But if we’re talking like at a Mexican restaurant I go queso. Great queso is better than great salsa and bad queso is better than bad salsa. I do love salsa especially salsa verde, but the choice is still pretty easy. I will say that the Chuys creamy jalapeño ranch dip beats both of them. I can remember the last time I went to Chuys and was actually able to eat all of my meal because I will eat a whole basket of chips with that dip. 

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

If we’re talking ballpark nachos then pass. Those round tortilla chips will have the roof of my mouth raw and my lips chapped for days. But if we’re talking like at a Mexican restaurant I go queso. Great queso is better than great salsa and bad queso is better than bad salsa. I do love salsa especially salsa verde, but the choice is still pretty easy. I will say that the Chuys creamy jalapeño ranch dip beats both of them. I can remember the last time I went to Chuys and was actually able to eat all of my meal because I will eat a whole basket of chips with that dip. 

I go out of my way to find recipes with salsa verde/tomatillos in it.

I love that stuff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, OlDog75 said:

Man, when we go we ask for the creamy jalapeno dip.  I'm addicted to that stuff, even take some home when we eat at Chuey's.

I'm with rjs4470, I'd go for nachos with both.

Yeah, that's the stuff I meant. We just destroyed  basket after basket of chips and cups of creamy jalapeno dip this weekend. 

• Like 1