Will there be middle school or youth football this fall?

Curious what everyone thinks this fall will look like for our middle school and youth football leagues? Was today's release of info a glimmer of good things to come or false hope due to a bevy of stipulations that may be unattainable? Will fall HS football have a better chance of starting on time/at all more than middle school/youth football? Just curious what everyone believes we'll be looking at come mid-July.

My guess is football won't start on time, regardless of level. I see MS football starting sometime in August, with games starting in early to mid September, ending in early November, with the fall sports being pushed back accordingly. I'd say most leagues haven't had any meetings or any chance to prepare with the current restrictions in place. All that planning has to be done before you can get started.

Either way, it wouldn't surprise me if numbers are down this year. Coaches haven't had access to kids, signups likely haven't happened. You've almost got to start later simply because of this problem.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, BubbyKY said:

NKMSAA (Northern Kentucky) met last night.  Does anyone have any details on the plan for the upcoming season?

The tentative plan is to start practice one week after the high schools start, which is currently 8/10.  Obviously, all subject to change.  I’d say with schools announcing that they’ll be starting the year with NTI, the situation for NKMSAA football is dicey at best.

14 hours ago, nees1212 said:

They’re already playing youth football across the river on both Ohio and Indiana. There was a tournament in Indianapolis this past weekend.

Thankfully the great men and women who lead the NKYFL these days - led by Rick Buckler - had the wisdom, foresight, and compassion for the health and safety of the children and families in NKY to NOT rush into their season and endanger lives. 

Thank you NKYFL! 

21 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

Thankfully the great men and women who lead the NKYFL these days - led by Rick Buckler - had the wisdom, foresight, and compassion for the health and safety of the children and families in NKY to NOT rush into their season and endanger lives. 

Thank you NKYFL! 

No complaints about the push back here. 

I'm curious though, if they do end up playing and the season goes well, will the NKYFL keep the later start date in the future?  The mid July start with games being played late July, first of August can be brutal 

58 minutes ago, nees1212 said:

No complaints about the push back here. 

I'm curious though, if they do end up playing and the season goes well, will the NKYFL keep the later start date in the future?  The mid July start with games being played late July, first of August can be brutal 

Football in general in KY starts too early.  No reason to start official practices until 8/1. 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:01 PM, rjs4470 said:

Football in general in KY starts too early.  No reason to start official practices until 8/1. 

Really should start school after labor day also, Labor Day to Memorial Day is what it should be.

• 1 month later...