Guess the Year, Round 4: Which Team Wins?

First.. guess the years (easy)... secondly, which team would you take to win? You can play your guys Iron Man style if need be.

TEAM A:

Offense

Capture9.PNG

Defense

Capture8.PNG

TEAM B:

Offense

Capture10.PNG

Defense

Capture12.PNG

1999 and 2002. Give me 2002 all day.

2002 has 4 guys who went on to at the very minimum have a cup of coffee in the NFL, with Tamme and Bush having lengthy stints.

With that said, there is something to be said about the depth of talent of that 1999 team... those were some absolute studs in High School and numerous players went on to start multiple years at Power 5 level schools.

Tough choice IMHO. People forget how dominant Montrell Jones and Eric Shelton were and both would have been All-Americans today. Their collegiate careers just didn't follow suit for various reasons. The Leffews were bad men and Travis had his own NFL cup of tea, Jeremy Caudill and Shane Boyd both had strong collegiate careers at UK.

With that said, Bush, Brohm, Tamme, and Burton are about as good of a single foursome of players as you will see come out of KY in the same year. Add in Joe Casey who never made an impact due to off field things, but had every single major college salivating over him.

For me I will give a slight edge to 2002 just because that would be a fearsome Offense with Brohm throwing it to Tamme and Burton, Logan being a dynamic speed slot guy and return man, and with Bush and Casey pounding the rock.

I think 1999 wins the LOS though, but man those are some weapons at the skill spot for 2002.

Have any Kentucky all-star teams matched either of these teams lately? There were some studs on those squads.

It's hard to handicap until the career trajectories finalize.

2017 has some guys who are still in college but have the chance for some big legacies:

Rondale Moore

Wandale Robinson

Milton Wright

Bryan Hudson

Stephen Herron

Jacob Lacey

Just to name a few who still have a world of potential to possibly get to the NFL or make their mark in college.

A few positive updates on names above:

Dylan Thiry- Looked like he had a very good career at Northwestern and had a pack of crackers as a Free Agent in the NFL before not making the cut.

Brandent Englemon- Graduated and played at University of Michigan. Contributed a good bit his Senior Season.

Buster Ashley had a whale of a career at WKU. Twice was named to All-America teams for 1-AA. WKU Hall of Famer.

Collin Barber (not to be confused with the Punter of the same name from Georgia that went to the NFL), had his own solid collegiate legacy as a Punter. He was a major contributor and 3-year starter for Syracuse.