Cubster's 16th Region Poll 12/10/06

They had Russell on the ropes FBALL.

Explain that.

Who is #2?

Rowan who lost to West? I know Daniel was hurt.

Elliott who lost to Raceland?

I am not sure GC is #2 either but who should be in that spot?

They could very well lose to East tomorrow night.

Why not Rose Hill at this point in the year. They beat a very good Southwestern team, and Jackson Co. in a pre-season game At Rupp, they also beat an Ohio team in a tough enviorment. I realize there is a lot of animosity on this board against them, but if you're honest they should be number 2, at least for now.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain that.

Who is #2?

Rowan Co. is number 2 - they would have won with Daniel in the lineup

Elliott is 3 - opening game loss probably helped more than it hurt

Rose Hill - will move up if they come up with a good win

Explain that.

Who is #2?

I was not nearly as impressed with Greenup as I was unimpressed with the way Russell protects a lead. Stupid fouls, horrible free throw shooting and they stopped looking to score.

Rowan would be my number 2 team right now followed by Elliott

Why not Rose Hill at this point in the year. They beat a very good Southwestern team, and Jackson Co. in a pre-season game At Rupp, they also beat an Ohio team in a tough enviorment. I realize there is a lot of animosity on this board against them, but if you're honest they should be number 2, at least for now.

Preseason games mean nothing more than an organized practice. A win over River Valley or whatever that school was called isn't impressive. Once they get a good win over a 16th region team, then we'll get them in the top 5. Dont' get me wrong, I have no animosity towards Rose Hill at all, I just feel they have to prove it with a big win.

I was not nearly as impressed with Greenup as I was unimpressed with the way Russell protects a lead. Stupid fouls, horrible free throw shooting and they stopped looking to score.

Rowan would be my number 2 team right now followed by Elliott

That's two of us that see it that way!

One thing that the Greenup supporters are forgetting is that Russell played 4 games during that week, including a gut wrencher versus Elliott Co.

That's two of us that see it that way!

One thing that the Greenup supporters are forgetting is that Russell played 4 games during that week, including a gut wrencher versus Elliott Co.

4 games in 5 days is no excuse. When you have a team down the way Russell had Greenup, you don't let them back up.

Stop throwing the ball around the outside trying to run the clock. It is a turnover waiting to happen. When the other team comes out to pressure you go to the basket. They can't catch up if you keep scoring points.

4 games in 5 days is no excuse. When you have a team down the way Russell had Greenup, you don't let them back up.

Stop throwing the ball around the outside trying to run the clock. It is a turnover waiting to happen. When the other team comes out to pressure you go to the basket. They can't catch up if you keep scoring points.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened. I do know that 3 trips in a week from Russell to Sandy Hook will take its toll. Also, I would say their legs were "jello" in the second half against Greenup.

I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happened. I do know that 3 trips in a week from Russell to Sandy Hook will take its toll. Also, I would say their legs were "jello" in the second half against Greenup.

They may have had some tired legs but silly fouls and poor free throw shooting had more to do with Greenup coming back IMO.