What does KHSAA statement mean?

Are players not allowed to work out with other players on their own? What about hitting coaches or pitching coaches for individual instruction if the coaches aren’t from their HS team?

Honestly it looks like all HS spring sports are done. But what about kids that aspire to play after HS?

Are players not allowed to work out with other players on their own? What about hitting coaches or pitching coaches for individual instruction if the coaches aren’t from their HS team?

Honestly it looks like all HS spring sports are done. But what about kids that aspire to play after HS?

The way I understand it, all the things you mention are ok, as long as you aren't doing the private instruction with your HS coaches (paid or volunteer), or using school facilities/equipment. Organized games are also a no no.

That's not how I read it. You can't do any "organized or semi-organized activity where school personnel are involved". As long as you're not using school facilities/equipment, uniforms and your coaches aren't there (or organizing it)or being informed of performance, you should be free to workout as you please.

That's not how I read it. You can't do any "organized or semi-organized activity where school personnel are involved". As long as you're not using school facilities/equipment, uniforms and your coaches aren't there (or organizing it)or being informed of performance, you should be free to workout as you please.

The whole purpose of the Dead Period that the KHSAA has put in place is to prevent groups from gathering, in my opinion. If there are student-athletes (more than 2 at a time) "gathering" to do workouts/condition ("practice") they are defeating the purpose and basically saying they are above the suggested policy put in place.

I don't think it matters where it is, if players are getting together in groups of 3 or more they are in violation in my opinion.

The whole purpose of the Dead Period that the KHSAA has put in place is to prevent groups from gathering, in my opinion. If there are student-athletes (more than 2 at a time) "gathering" to do workouts/condition ("practice") they are defeating the purpose and basically saying they are above the suggested policy put in place.

I don't think it matters where it is, if players are getting together in groups of 3 or more they are in violation in my opinion.

Athletes can "get together" in the summer dead period as well but not using school properties, equipment, etc, and no instruction from staff.

I don't disagree with you in the sense that guys should not be organizing pickup games or practices with a bunch of guys. I also really don't see a huge problem if a handful of guys want to get together and throw (away from and not on school property), and try to stay in shape in case the season is able to start up again

Athletes can "get together" in the summer dead period as well but not using school properties, equipment, etc, and no instruction from staff.

I think everyone can agree this isn’t comparable to the summertime Dead Period.

I think everyone can agree this isn’t comparable to the summertime Dead Period.

Agree that it is different but you can’t patrol a couple of kids getting together to play catch it hit in a batting cage at their home.

Agree that it is different but you can’t patrol a couple of kids getting together to play catch it hit in a batting cage at their home.

Exactly right.

This is unlikely, but hopefully parents will use some common sense.

My guess is no verdict. LOL

I'm not sure of the confusion. Players will always be free to work out on their own or even in groups as long as those workouts aren't organized or supervised by coaches and not done using school equipment or facilities. And No playing in organized games while in season. It's not that hard to figure out. If you think you might be in violation, you probably are, so don't do it.